Outside Keyless entry not working 21 RAPTOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We got locked out like @GordoJay scenario. Thanksgiving, locked her purse, hidden, in the car. Used the bottom 2 numbers on the keypad to lock the purse in the Explorer. Came out, the MFING Keypad wouldn’t even light up! So it turned into a 3-Ring circus to get the other set..
I've thought about that. But I seldom go hiking anywhere there aren't a few handy rocks laying around. Sometimes there's cell coverage, so Fordpass. Worst comes to worst, I get into the truck just fine, but it costs me a new window.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
When I read in the manual that a battery change/full discharge would reset the code to stock, I just memorized the stock code.
Look Gordo, no one wants to here about your JERRY LUCUS memory skills….Oh look at me… I can remember my 400 MFing PIN numbers, my 278 passwords…No Problem..
You probably have your first phone number from your house on Gordo Lane memorized!!
I very happy for you, but you don’t need to humiliate me because my Factory Code and my Own code are on my phone…LOCKED IN THE MFING CAR WITH IN INOPERABLE KEYPAD!!! along with my garage code, front door code, dishwasher code so my FNING dishwasher can tell the dryer when to start!?!?
:shakehead::banghead::chair::happy175::happy175:

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I believe that it will give you the master only if you know the current code. I did not know anything and had to dig around down in the floorboard. For the OP, if it has intermittently gotten worse and now does not work at all, you might have to open it up and see if the connection is secure. Then maybe replace.
Oh, I see..The Highway Man is a Showoff like Gordo, “I just crawl under the dash to find the fuse box and some FNING # that I can’t read w/o my reading glasses and then I just jump back up without having to call EMS to help me off the floor!?!?
Well isn’t that special, I’m so angry with y’all that I’m going to therapy so I can get in and out of the Raptor w/o falling on my face!
Thanks for brightening my day! :chair: :happy175: :happy175: :happy175:

Oh it’s the BCM whatever the hell that is? Ford must have received a batch fro China (No Offense)

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Oh, I see..The Highway Man is a Showoff like Gordo, “I just crawl under the dash to find the fuse box and some FNING # that I can’t read w/o my reading glasses and then I just jump back up without having to call EMS to help me off the floor!?!?
Well isn’t that special, I’m so angry with y’all that I’m going to therapy so I can get in and out of the Raptor w/o falling on my face!
Thanks for brightening my day! :chair: :happy175: :happy175: :happy175:

Oh it’s the BCM whatever the hell that is? Ford must have received a batch fro China (No Offense)
Hilarious. I will come clean and say that I had to take a picture of it with my phone (yes I am fancy and have a phone that takes pictures) and then zoom in to see the number.

firedupducky

Reaction score
So another issue has just popped up, intermittently the key pad is not functioning. The lights will come on, but the Pad does not lock or unlock. It seems like it has completely stopped working now. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Make sure you aren't holding your hand inside the handle while you run your finger over the pad. I did this a couple times and the truck was obviously confused about whether I was trying to open the door or lock it lol. Once I stopped putting my hand inside the handle the problem went away.

OP
OP
tabvette

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make sure you aren't holding your hand inside the handle while you run your finger over the pad. I did this a couple times and the truck was obviously confused about whether I was trying to open the door or lock it lol. Once I stopped putting my hand inside the handle the problem went away.
Nope, haven't been doing that. I will schedule a trip to the dealer to address it.