Ken Block Ford Raptor of Death!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayneCobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a manual transmission.

Yeah, he's hitting the rev limiter.

I guess he needs some Tune adjustments for that setup.

Raptors can be manually shifted, I was playing around with this feature on the way home from work today. So to say it's the tune is making an assumption before knowing the facts. He could have been playing with the manual shift feature like me.

Sorry rational side of the brain kicking in.:drunk:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, since I've been running a Whipple for three years now,
I think I know when the traction breaks loose just before it shifts from 1st to 2nd sounds and reacts like.
Hell, I can easily create the same reaction on dry placement if I'm not in 4x4 or at least have the diff locked.
Tunning a Whippled Raptor's shift points and clutch pack pressure while not bouncing off the rev limiter is the hardest thing to accomplish.
But I'm sure they will get it done.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally I would love to see a double clutch system in our Raptors!!!!
Being able to shift in thousands of a second in off road driving would be awesome!!!
And would be fantastic for the street.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks really cool. I assume this can't be driven on the street? I ask because having this truck at snoball would be awesome. But it would probably have to be trailered to the trail head.

I'm also interested in what was done for steering upgrades. New pump? New rack? Stronger mounts?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's like a snowmobile as long as there is snow to keep the belts cool you can.
But not at high speed for this setup I imagine, and is it even DOT approved?

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks really cool. I assume this can't be driven on the street? I ask because having this truck at snoball would be awesome. But it would probably have to be trailered to the trail head.

I'm also interested in what was done for steering upgrades. New pump? New rack? Stronger mounts?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Joe the truck is/can street legal, however I wouldn't drive it on there for long distances, they are happiest in the snow with less friction. The front tracks have a built in Hydrolic steering assist that ties into the stock rack

-Jeff