Capital Ford of Charlotte Stealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAW

Reaction score
Not sure where this thread should be topic wise as I just joined so please move it if it should be somewhere else.

I wanted to warn people in/around Charlotte, NC about Capital Ford of Charlotte. They have raptors pretty much all the time. What they try and do is lie about the MSRP online and show a “discount”. What they seem to not understand is they have the window sticker up online as well showing the real MSRP and what is seen as a “discount” is actually a mark up. I took screenshots of one they have currently but they also have more and do it with other vehicles as well, not just the raptor.

Showing an MSRP of $91,750 with a $5,000 “discount” when in reality MSRP is $81,750 and it’s a $5,000 mark up.

Keep an eye on these things and don’t do business with places like this or they’re going to keep doing it.

Attachments

• DDB1F996-0479-4FD9-ACDF-088B08324239.png
    DDB1F996-0479-4FD9-ACDF-088B08324239.png
    458.5 KB · Views: 24
  • F69E2DFB-3903-4569-ABE6-9E2896651F39.png
    F69E2DFB-3903-4569-ABE6-9E2896651F39.png
    449 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
RAW

RAW

Reaction score
Welcome to 2021 and 2018.

Shit deal though.
Oh for sure. I never intended on buying it.

I talked to the dealer about it and they wouldn’t give me the straight answer of they were doing it on purpose, obviously.

So I wanted to bring it here in hopes that it will keep some people away and we can try and slow/end this stealership deal that’s still going on. I doubt it though, still too many dummies out there. Darwinism needs to do better.

TWIIGG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought my loaded 2023 Code Orange 37PP at the end of October from Capital Ford in Wilmington, NC… experienced an equally crappy deal- honestly worst experience I’ve had in buying 50+ new cars in the last 33 years! The truck I bought was an abandoned order, factory fresh and just on the ground and listed at 10 grand over MSRP… after 2 weeks of negotiating, I ended up buying it at MSRP plus a ridiculous $799 doc fee. They called the night before I picked it up to inform me I had to finance with them or they would not sell me the truck… supposedly the ”best they could do” with interest rate was 3.99% MORE than NavyFed where we finance all our vehicles. Needless to say, as soon as I knew what my account # was, the dealership loan was paid off in full, 15 days later. That all said, the truck I bought was the exact spec I wanted, albeit with sunroof, and Code Orange was not going to be offered in 2024, so I’m still happy I got the truck.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bought my loaded 2023 Code Orange 37PP at the end of October from Capital Ford in Wilmington, NC… experienced an equally crappy deal- honestly worst experience I’ve had in buying 50+ new cars in the last 33 years! The truck I bought was an abandoned order, factory fresh and just on the ground and listed at 10 grand over MSRP… after 2 weeks of negotiating, I ended up buying it at MSRP plus a ridiculous $799 doc fee. They called the night before I picked it up to inform me I had to finance with them or they would not sell me the truck… supposedly the ”best they could do” with interest rate was 3.99% MORE than NavyFed where we finance all our vehicles. Needless to say, as soon as I knew what my account # was, the dealership loan was paid off in full, 15 days later. That all said, the truck I bought was the exact spec I wanted, albeit with sunroof, and Code Orange was not going to be offered in 2024, so I’m still happy I got the truck.
Similar experience here. I think my rate was 5.25% in July 22'. As soon as I received my first payment stub in the mail I called in and paid it off. F-them.