Ken Block Ford Raptor of Death!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ken was running this truck in Aspen this weekend. He did drive it on the pavement while he was there, as well as in the snow. It's something he did for fun and publicity. It's not meant to be a production vehicle or daily driver. I'm sure if he throws a track, there's a support crew following him (or at least a phone call away).

Is it practical, hell no. Is it unique and fun, hell yes.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We use mattracks on service vehicles here in northern ontario. I work on ice roads and they are reliable but under tension tey do break. And what breaks is the front anti rotation pivot arms. I broke one when i broke thru ice into mud and reversed it really hard.
The tank you are not the only one. There are more than 2500 tracked service vehicles in this province alone working for hydro and natural gas reserves as well as buildin ice roads. So dont under estimate as you being the only one

That's cute you comparing Canada to Antarctica. Anyways we had 20 2002 F-350 on Mat tracks and 5 2005 F-450 on grip tracks plus a few 4x4 E-350s(one was an ambulance).

If Ken Block wanted to build something cool that was tracked he would have used a PistenBully or Tucker Sno-Cat.

Bohica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw Ken's RaptorTRAX this past weekend, the thing is a beast and seems to be a solid solid build (i'm sure JEFF can attest to this). Question for JEFF though, it looked like the front suspension had a bumpstop contraption right above the UCA to the tracks.. true?? Anyway it sounds like a beast and WTF it is just build for publicity and gun!

Here are a few pics. First one is how it is transported, 2 and 3 are my little truck park next to it and the wifey giving her approval to Ken's whip!!

http://instagram.com/p/jfVndPo6Ym/

Attachments

• photo 2(1).jpg
    photo 2(1).jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 63
  • photo 1(2).jpg
    photo 1(2).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 70

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw Ken's RaptorTRAX this past weekend, the thing is a beast and seems to be a solid solid build (i'm sure JEFF can attest to this). Question for JEFF though, it looked like the front suspension had a bumpstop contraption right above the UCA to the tracks.. true?? Anyway it sounds like a beast and WTF it is just build for publicity and gun!

Here are a few pics. First one is how it is transported, 2 and 3 are my little truck park next to it and the wifey giving her approval to Ken's whip!!

Instagram

You are correct since these tracks are so heavy (approx 300lbs each) we added three limiting straps per corner to make sure that if the truck is ever air born like he plans, that nothing is ripped out. Also the king bumps up front are there to slow down up travel and make sure the fenders aren't ripped off. This truck was built for publicity however we put a ton of man hours into this thing to make sure it is reliable and safe when he takes it out. As Kens team said the roll cage is not a matter of IF but instead a matter of WHEN

-Jeff.