Joined the club 2011 SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after being a dedicated/fanatic First Gen Tundra guy for 15 years I found myself in need of more space for our growing family, made the mistake of driving a 2013 fully decked SCREW and I instantly fell in love/lust, HOOOOOOLLLLY AMAZEBALLZZZZZ!!! Unfortunately the seller backed out at the last minute leaving me high and dry, after much looking and not a lot of options in my area and price range I found a White 2011 salvage title (front end cosmetic) that has a clean bill of health and otherwise great condition for the age and miles 102k
Major issues my PPI revealed;
Spark plug ark passenger side
all fluids need to be done
drivers seat heater needs to be fixed
slight weeping in the high pressure steering pump
slight weeping front transfer case (something about this being common with the aluminum?)
slight weeping on newly exchanged shocks from Forged ( PO had them done less than 5k miles any suggestions)
Otherwise mechanically and structurally sound, no frame damage
Looking to do the 12" Phoenix stereo (any advise?)
Amp Research Steps or is it better to try and source OE or have a set fabbed? (the original steps were removed)
Want to upgrade the speakers and sub, is the Kicker oem upgrade worth it?

Very nice! At 102k she's just overdue for some service, guessing they didn't do as "all fluids need to be done". Spark plug arc is no biggie, get a replacement coil pack from rockauto, and while you're at it if the spark plugs haven't been changed, it's time (and there's 16). Power steering pump is a common failure, just a matter of time really but not hard (or expensive) to replace. Nine Years old and a hundred thousand miles, seals are going to weep or start leaking but none of them are major IMO. Also IMO the stock steps are the best but totally up to you what you like (have seen a couple with the retractable steps), and need as is the case of rock rails. Lots of threads on here about upgrades and DIY maintenance, have fun with it!!!

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your "new" Raptor and welcome to the Gen 1 Clan.

FRF is a great place for ideas on mods.

Chris Brown

Reaction score
Welcome to the Gen 1 world! I just lurk here a little. I’ve had my ‘12 since Dec ‘18. Bought it with 83k, and it rolled over on 134k yesterday. I came from a ‘16 duramax, and I sure love my Raptor. I did install a Phoenix tablet this past Monday. I’m still learning a few tricks, but I do like it.