Joined the club 2011 SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1RD

Reaction score
So after being a dedicated/fanatic First Gen Tundra guy for 15 years I found myself in need of more space for our growing family, made the mistake of driving a 2013 fully decked SCREW and I instantly fell in love/lust, HOOOOOOLLLLY AMAZEBALLZZZZZ!!! Unfortunately the seller backed out at the last minute leaving me high and dry, after much looking and not a lot of options in my area and price range I found a White 2011 salvage title (front end cosmetic) that has a clean bill of health and otherwise great condition for the age and miles 102k
Major issues my PPI revealed;
Spark plug ark passenger side
all fluids need to be done
drivers seat heater needs to be fixed
slight weeping in the high pressure steering pump
slight weeping front transfer case (something about this being common with the aluminum?)
slight weeping on newly exchanged shocks from Forged ( PO had them done less than 5k miles any suggestions)
Otherwise mechanically and structurally sound, no frame damage
Looking to do the 12" Phoenix stereo (any advise?)
Amp Research Steps or is it better to try and source OE or have a set fabbed? (the original steps were removed)
Want to upgrade the speakers and sub, is the Kicker oem upgrade worth it?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome but this may be fantasy vs fact. Let’s get some pics up and see the beast!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, congrats on a fantastic gen1, the drivers seat heater is so easy to replace and cheap as well. Sounds like you have a nice package to start with.

DZMONEY

Reaction score
Ingot Silver 2012 displaced my Gen1 Tundra from the garage in Feb. Welcome to the club. Its definitely a lot more truck then the Gen1 Tundra. Congrats on your purchase! I really love the Gen1 thats why I bought it. I like to keep things a long time and my 2003 Tundra I kept as a beater and commute vehicle so I dont rack up dumb miles on the Raptor.