2017 SCrew 53,000 Miles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MarkM98

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a 2018 Raptor Screw last night. It has 46,000 miles Black with Bead Locks and no graphics. The asking price was not bad, so I went to take a look at it today. It was clean and had new tires. No modifications. Sad part was someone else was inside of it taking it on a test drive. I waited around a half hour only to have that guy say he was buying it. So I didn't get to check out the inside or test drive it. Im bummed. This one was what I was looking for. Stock, lower miles, 3/13/2018 build, Black with the bead lock wheels, etc...

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a 2018 Raptor Screw last night. It has 46,000 miles Black with Bead Locks and no graphics. The asking price was not bad, so I went to take a look at it today. It was clean and had new tires. No modifications. Sad part was someone else was inside of it taking it on a test drive. I waited around a half hour only to have that guy say he was buying it. So I didn't get to check out the inside or test drive it. Im bummed. This one was what I was looking for. Stock, lower miles, 3/13/2018 build, Black with the bead lock wheels, etc...

you will need to review the specifics of each model year. This truck would have both the plastic oil pan and the old style cam phasers. If you can afford to sit back and wait, that will be the best thing for you.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
you will need to review the specifics of each model year. This truck would have both the plastic oil pan and the old style cam phasers. If you can afford to sit back and wait, that will be the best thing for you.

Tell that to the thousands of us with 17's and 18's that have had no issue with the pan or phasers. Those problems are not that common, percentage wise.

The other issue is inflation. Sure you can sit out and wait, but you may be missing the train all together, if you're wanting a "deal." In a year or two, that 50g's may buy you the same raptor but with 200k miles. It sure seems we are headed that way.

OP
OP
MarkM98

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell that to the thousands of us with 17's and 18's that have had no issue with the pan or phasers. Those problems are not that common, percentage wise.

The other issue is inflation. Sure you can sit out and wait, but you may be missing the train all together, if you're wanting a "deal." In a year or two, that 50g's may buy you the same raptor but with 200k miles. It sure seems we are headed that way.
That’s my issue currently. In a way I feel like I’m missing out. I’ve done my homework on the Gen 2 Raptors so I know what to look for. The one I got to look at the outside of today while someone was getting ready to test drive it looked good. Window sticker attached. Optioned with the features I would like to have. I’ll just keep on waiting for now.

Attachments

• GetStickers 2.pdf
    768 KB · Views: 5

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Well, best of luck. Best time to buy a Raptor is when it's right in front of you.

One thing to keep in mind. Right or wrong, there are people here and everywhere that paid over MSRP on Raptors, like waaaay over. Then there are those that bought in the 3-4 month sweet spot last year when nobody knew what was gonna happen in the world. Many of those guys seemed to get 6k or more off MSRP.

Only those people that bragged about the good deals know if they got reamed on their trade in though, it's not something someone would likely share while boasting about raking the dealer over the coals during negotiations. lol.

All that is to say, find one you like and jump on it. The target is always moving, but I doubt prices are going to go down on anything, from here on out. And if you do buy a '17, take comfort in the likely fact that it probably originally sold for way over MSRP.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only those people that bragged about the good deals know if they got reamed on their trade in though, it's not something someone would likely share while boasting about raking the dealer over the coals during negotiations. lol.

LOL is right. You always get reamed on the trade in. Always. I sold my previous truck privately, so I got reamed by the state of Colorado by having to pay sales tax on the entire purchase price instead of the difference. But the state got money, a friend's daughter got a good deal, and the dealer was left out in the cold. Works for me.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score