Joined the Raptor Family

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Kevin LaChapelle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn that’s really nice and custom. Can I send you some switches to do? LOL

Looking good!
I’d consider it. Depending on how it looks installed I’ll know if I need to replace the stock leds with brighter ones and therefore the effort needed to produce these.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d consider it. Depending on how it looks installed I’ll know if I need to replace the stock leds with brighter ones and therefore the effort needed to produce these.

Keep us posted. True you will have to see how things illuminate. Good start though.

OP
OP
K

Kevin LaChapelle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to reduce the font a smidge to keep the letters away from the edge of the switch. This helps because there is a lot of material to remove at the edges in order for them to be backlit correctly. Here is the switch after I reduced the font size from 10pt to 9pt and laser engraved a new set. I then used smaller end mills I ordered to be able to do a better job of removing the black plastic on the interior of the switch toggle. I will have a picture of them lit up later as I still need to get them to the shop where my truck is.
IMG_3243.jpg IMG_3244.jpg IMG_3245.jpg

OP
OP
K

Kevin LaChapelle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plugged them in and I like how they look when the switch is activated. I will get a picture when it is dark out of how they look when in the off position at night.
IMG_3249.jpg

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I decided to reduce the font a smidge to keep the letters away from the edge of the switch. This helps because there is a lot of material to remove at the edges in order for them to be backlit correctly. Here is the switch after I reduced the font size from 10pt to 9pt and laser engraved a new set. I then used smaller end mills I ordered to be able to do a better job of removing the black plastic on the interior of the switch toggle. I will have a picture of them lit up later as I still need to get them to the shop where my truck is.
View attachment 155242 View attachment 155243 View attachment 155244

With all that material removed from the front of the switches I would guess that you'd have to be careful when flipping the switches on.

Do you think after many cycles that it's possible that you would push the label through the opening? I guess it wouldn't be an issue if you're careful and cycle them on pushing on the lower edge of the switch only.

OP
OP
K

Kevin LaChapelle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all that material removed from the front of the switches I would guess that you'd have to be careful when flipping the switches on.

Do you think after many cycles that it's possible that you would push the label through the opening? I guess it wouldn't be an issue if you're careful and cycle them on pushing on the lower edge of the switch only.

Here is a switch I cut in half to see if the white plastic went all the way through. As you see the switch is predominately white plastic with a thin layer of black on the outside and most of the inside (they didn't put the black plastic on the inside where the AUX 1..6 labels are). The only plastic I remove is the black layer on the reverse of the face of the switch. There is still lots of plastic left and they don't feel any different and have no flex.

IMG_3251.jpgIMG_3251 - highlight.jpg

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is a switch I cut in half to see if the white plastic went all the way through. As you see the switch is predominately white plastic with a thin layer of black on the outside and most of the inside (they didn't put the black plastic on the inside where the AUX 1..6 labels are). The only plastic I remove is the black layer on the reverse of the face of the switch. There is still lots of plastic left and they don't feel any different and have no flex.

View attachment 155278View attachment 155279

True, Structural rigidity should still be well intact. Coming along nicely.