JL Audio Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you were cleaning your guns when the boys arrived, I find that keeps them inline!

Very cool of you to let her use your truck!

griffinoil

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference in what the JL Cleansweep and Signal Summing device do compared to the AudioControl LCQ-1 or LC8i?

Thanks.

griffinoil

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boss Hoss,

I am seriously considering the Focal K2 Power 165KRX2's.
Crutchfield says they do not fit in a Ford Raptor - is it just because they are a round speaker going into an oval hole?

You have the KRX2's installed in your Raptor - correct?

Thanks!

executor485

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference in what the JL Cleansweep and Signal Summing device do compared to the AudioControl LCQ-1 or LC8i?

Thanks.

A few differences as far as I can tell (I had a Cleansweep in my old car).

1) Cleansweep requires it's own volume control knob for accurate sound correction. If you use the headunit, it will jack with the EQ. I've heard that there are a few integration units out there (I think the RF360) that dont require it's own volume knob, it has settings to correct the factory EQ jacking.

2) The Cleansweep is a completely flat EQ with 0 adjustments. If you want absolute audiophile sound quality, you need to have an external/additional EQ mixer after the cleansweep does it's flattening.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Boss Hoss,

I am seriously considering the Focal K2 Power 165KRX2's.
Crutchfield says they do not fit in a Ford Raptor - is it just because they are a round speaker going into an oval hole?

You have the KRX2's installed in your Raptor - correct?

Thanks!

Sorry if this one was not clear---mine is in no way, shape, form or fashon anything less than a full custom install that took professionals 10 hours to do full time. If you are looking for "bolt in" then the Focal speakers I used are not the way to go.

OP
OP
dolfanatic1399

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been working on this install a little bit here and there. Hard to get a whole lot done at once when I work 12 hrs a day 6 days a week.
Mounted and wired the cleansweep and summing interface.
Ran wires and cables to my amps.
Installing door speakers and running new speaker wire at the moment. Run into a snag on the front doors however. Not sure how I am going to get the new wire into the doors. We have a plug that connects the door harness to the cab. No way to pass wires through a solid plug that disconnects from the cab. Anyone have any idea?
Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Been working on this install a little bit here and there. Hard to get a whole lot done at once when I work 12 hrs a day 6 days a week.
Mounted and wired the cleansweep and summing interface.
Ran wires and cables to my amps.
Installing door speakers and running new speaker wire at the moment. Run into a snag on the front doors however. Not sure how I am going to get the new wire into the doors. We have a plug that connects the door harness to the cab. No way to pass wires through a solid plug that disconnects from the cab. Anyone have any idea?
Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

you can't just snake it through the accordion wiring boot thinga majig?