JL 8W3v2 or 10W0?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how much offroading do you plan on doing? if its a normal f150, it is definitely a good cheap option, but i know that with the offroading we do in our trucks, there is a good chance that the woofer will fall. being a down firing box, any landing puts additional stress on the screws that hold the woofer in place. the weight of the woofer is working against you. im not saying that it will happen to you, but it is something i have seen before. you might want to add "T nuts" to the box to mount your woofer in place. it will help reduce the amount of stress on the screw holes.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Here in Louisiana it's mostly flat so not much jumping to be done. But I will secure it either way just to be safe! Thanks!

BatRaptor

Reaction score
My Rappy is in the shop right now getting 4 8" W3's installed in a custom box under the backseat. It should be done tomorrow. I'll let you know how it sounds.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Please do and post pics!

I ordered one of SCS's boxes in black with an 8" cutout. Took them over a week to actually ship it and of course it gets here a day late when I'm leaving for a trip this weekend and would have been nice to have it. Already ran my power and remote cables so when I get back sunday I'll toss it in there, finger's crossed!

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Finally got the box in Friday and put it all in yesterday. Took all of about 1min before the speaker surround was gone. Guess having them sit indoors for past 3-4 years made the foam deteriorate. Ordered a 10W0v3 this morning so hopefully will have by the weekend and I can enlarge the hole and drop it in...

Just sucks, so close having some bass and now I have to wait!

BatRaptor

Reaction score
Mine is still in the shop, but here are some pics of what they have done so far...

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

I'll post more as the build progress. Hopefully, it will be done in the next day or two.