Jailbreaking DVD/Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

505sfastestraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay just read all of this.....and im a huge rockcrawler and rzr rider...what is the deal with wanting the front camera on so bad for all the time??? i dont get it!!

i have used the front camera in my raptor i just dont really see a huge benefit if you were not in 4x4 ???

unless you could set it up to record to a dvr then that would be sweet!!

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay just read all of this.....and im a huge rockcrawler and rzr rider...what is the deal with wanting the front camera on so bad for all the time??? i dont get it!!

i have used the front camera in my raptor i just dont really see a huge benefit quote]

:think:~ i thought the front camera was for crawlin' over 'smart-cars' :driver: :Caffeine:

M1919A2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i have used the front camera in my raptor i just dont really see a huge benefit if you were not in 4x4 ???

unless you could set it up to record to a dvr then that would be sweet!!

Parallel parking and parking or maneuvering in tight spots as seeing the low level obstacles in the front passenger side is a "B"!

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this scenario would work for either the Nav TV or LockPick?

If they support two cameras (i.e. 2 video inputs), and I have factory installed rear camera, but instead of a front camera, could I use a video cable from an iPad to show movies on the 2nd video input? Or instead of a video cable, could I stream video to the 2nd video input using bluetooth?

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a factory rear camera, you cannot have a 2nd input. I had to change from my factory rear to an aftermarket kenwood so I could add the 2nd camera on my front bumper.

After that, if you can figure out how to output to the rca plug on the harness, you could use any.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have a factory rear camera, you cannot have a 2nd input. I had to change from my factory rear to an aftermarket kenwood so I could add the 2nd camera on my front bumper.

After that, if you can figure out how to output to the rca plug on the harness, you could use any.

Do you have Lock Pic?

I have factory nav with factory rear view camera. Lock Pic asks if I have a front camera. I assume I can install front camera and keep factory rear camera.

Yes/no?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ht244x

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have LockPic, and I made that same assumption. It doesnt tell you that it isnt possible anywhere on the website as far as I can tell, but then when I went and tried it, it wouldnt power up the front camera. I called their technical support and they told me the way the harness works, it will work with either the factory nav backup camera, OR two aftermarket cameras. Call them, they will tell you it has to do with some programming issue they cant get around if memory serves me right.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, just called them. They verified what you just said. That sucks. Doesn't seem to make sense that they can do it with two aftermarket cameras but not a factory one......?????

Well, on to the next mod someday...