Jailbreaking DVD/Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colreb23

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and have looked for this topic, but have not found anything. Is there any way to override the 2012 Nav/DVD controls so you can view DVDs while you are in motion? I have seen the product called picklock that allows you to do this, but I also know that there is a way to manually unlock this safety feature by entering a sequence of buttons.

Before you blast me for trying to watch a DVD while I am driving, I assure you that this is for my daughter in the back seat. Happy Feet would not be my DVD of choice! Thanks in advance.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd recommend "NAV-TV", as they're a site sponsor and have EXCELLENT products!

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Find a buddy at Best Buy. My understanding is that there is one switch that needs to be changed on the back of the headunit that will allow DVDs to play in motion.

I installed LockPick and it's great. I found out about this other way after-the-fact.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Find a buddy at Best Buy. My understanding is that there is one switch that needs to be changed on the back of the headunit that will allow DVDs to play in motion.

I installed LockPick and it's great. I found out about this other way after-the-fact.
Where did you hear about the alternate method, and where can the details be found?