Jailbreaking DVD/Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That said,

I did replace the factory camera with a Kenwood aftermarket, and widened out the cavity of the rear emblem to accomodate the bigger camera housing. On the plus side, you can hardly tell its a different camera from looking at it, but the angle cuts off the top left and right by a tiny bit, and the quality of the video is slightly better stock. It still works for what I need though, mainly trailer hookups and general parking, as I ALWAYS back into a parking spot if possible. The trailer hitch keeps other cars honest and its always easier to pull out of a spot looking forward. (Big Rig safety course I took said you are 10 times more likely to have an accident backing out into traffic lanes, than backing into a parking spot in a personal vehicle)

The front camera is nice if you are off road, and in some parking situations, but its a novelty for the most part.