Jack Type / Lift Points for Gen2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baja619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen lots of desert guys with the camper leveling scissor jacks bolted on their bed cages. Seems more practical than a hi lift, but slower. I haven’t used one for offroad, so there could be some drawbacks I’m not aware of. I would figure you’d want to make a cradle for the axle or frame.

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jacks/Ultra-Fab-Products/UF48-979032.html

View attachment 148795

IN off road racing, this is a very valid and common option mostly found on serious duty bound prerunners and racers.
They use them because they are cheap, reliable, and quick to deploy. By deploy, I mean to use and lift the car. Its quick because they are using an impact gun to screw in and out the bolt.

Normally they are fixed and in position to the chassis already up side down, so they only have to run the screw in to jack it up.

The only draw back is finding one that can handle the height to get a new tire on.

baja619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For traditional Jacks, Pro Eagles have the market cornered and offer great products.

If you want some extra bling and willing to cough up the cheddar, Pit Boss Jacks is where its at. They are totally customizable and all American Made!
Check out the face book or instagram.

https://www.pitbossjacks.com/

42727654_2090501534302377_6014675547097923584_n.jpg

87787188_3074789649206889_7619354240317652992_n.jpg

88063783_3074789659206888_9132905066229923840_n.jpg

87853955_3074789715873549_5082058948215832576_n.jpg

baja619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Yeah, for a Ford Raptor, I would say the Hi Lift is not necessary nor the best option. They can be useful for other things such as a come-along winch, a mechanical spreader, and other tools. But honestly if you dont know what you are doing, it can be cumbersome and dangerous.

It is best kept on the Jeep doing jeep things.

Chris S

Reaction score
Is anyone running an air jack? They look like they have enough lift and seem like they are lighter and smaller than some hydraulic jacks?

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a layered approach. Since I go to some really remote areas, I need to be able to self-rescue, period. But not every trip is that challenging, or demanding on the recovery gear.

I use a hi-lift with soft shackles and that works well on the recovery points. A must, in my view, is the Lift Mate. Make sure it works on your wheel configuration ahead of time! And hi-lifts are the devil's tool, so when in doubt, leave it out. I've been unfortunately using them all my life, so have some experience with their idiosyncrasies.
F144800238.jpg

I also have a powerbuilt jack/jackstand. The ability to make it a jackstand is great for roadside work. And as a jack, you can use it for some recoveries too.

For both, I have a platform of a couple of pieces of plywood screwed together. I can use the maxtrax for that too, but the plywood works great. I also have some stray 2x6, 4x4's. Surprising how often those bits get used for things.

I have the factory scissor too. Better than a kick in the head, but pretty wimpy for any off camber work.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PRO-EAGLE....you get what you pay for....its built like a brick-*********...last Jack you will ever buy....bought it last year for around $425/$450 shipped for the 3 ton...I got tired of dropping $100 on cheap ones that last a couple years...and figured my life is worth more than $450...no way going under a 3 ton vehicle with a cheap Jack...LOL

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The thing that makes this truck so tough to jack up is what makes a Raptor a Raptor! Those long legs. Love that suspension travel, but yeah it makes jacking tough.

Is there any problems with jacking these trucks up by the pumpkin in the rear? You wouldn’t have to deal with suspension travel. What about up front, Are jacking from a solid point on the lower control arms a problem? This approach is ok for tire changing obviously but not for all things.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI my Pro Eagle failed on me. Seal blew out and shit the bed. First time a jack ever did that to me while actively using it! I had jack stands under so no worries. Even though my jack was out of warranty Pro Eagle replaced my jack with a brand new one. They definitely have a customer for life.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
The thing that makes this truck so tough to jack up is what makes a Raptor a Raptor! Those long legs. Love that suspension travel, but yeah it makes jacking tough.

Is there any problems with jacking these trucks up by the pumpkin in the rear? You wouldn’t have to deal with suspension travel. What about up front, Are jacking from a solid point on the lower control arms a problem? This approach is ok for tire changing obviously but not for all things.
It is NOT safe or wise to "jack up by the pumpkin" or "the lower control arms"....IMO