GEN 2 Is it me or are prices crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Invoice is likely 5-6k lower than MSRP on a loaded truck. MSRP on my 2018 802a was $71k. I got mine for $69k from a Ford dealer that's a client of mine. Another Ford dealer client offered me $67k (didn't work out due to unimportant factors). I know invoice on mine was about $66k. This was two clients who I have relationships with who were offering $2k and $4k under MSRP. I don't know if most dealers are still charging markup above MSRP but I don't know who these guys are that are getting theirs for under invoice. That seems nuts unrealistic.

MSRP is obviously not ideal but if you can get $1-2k under I'd take it. As for taxes and fees, I guess that's the price of living in a communist state?

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Selling at invoice dealer still gets $2000 holdback , if they are selling under invoice they are tapping into holdback or going to try to make it up in Finance dept.

Lags

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! That's got to be the Best deal anywhere! I tried purchasing a 19 F350 Platinum instead of my 20 Raptor. MSRP was $79,725 after all rebates and 100% of the dealers Holdback I was at $70,678 or $9,047 before TTL. Below this number the dealer would be losing money, unless they have a volume incentive from Ford.

Also in my state you can only take the rebate or Ford financing and a $750 rebate, not both. Ford financing here is .09% for 60 months. If I went with Ford finance route I would have given up about $1,750 in rebates.

Congrats!
Yeah man, pretty insane that’s for sure. It was brand new and never titled, however it had 350 miles on it. It was used as a promotional vehicle to sell campers. The dealership took it to 3 different Outdoor camper shows in WA, trying to sell truck/camper combos.

I received $12,750 dollars off, and that was directly from the dealership. I received no rebates from Ford, but I did get 0% for 60 months from Ford Credit, and my first payment is not until August 26.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, pretty insane that’s for sure. It was brand new and never titled, however it had 350 miles on it. It was used as a promotional vehicle to sell campers. The dealership took it to 3 different Outdoor camper shows in WA, trying to sell truck/camper combos.

I received $12,750 dollars off, and that was directly from the dealership. I received no rebates from Ford, but I did get 0% for 60 months from Ford Credit, and my first payment is not until August 26.

Congrats! I sometimes miss having a diesel. Had a F350 Platinum in 2015. Maybe next truck.

Hope you Enjoy it!

TCR 223

Reaction score
Car Gurus is an awesome site. I bought my 13 Raptor using this site as well as a few other cars. great to print out the best deals and then use them the get the price down on the truck. the best deal i found on a used raptor was in NC and i am in TN. the guy said, do you really want to travel 7 hours to get the truck.... I told him i have family there and it would be a like hitting 2 birds with 1 stone... an hour later, i got the the Raptor from my local dealer at the same price the other had in NC. love Car Gurus because dealers hate Car Gurus!

jaggwaa

Reaction score
Guyz this ''there is no 2021'' is the biggest bs of all time. use your brains and common sense. if there is no 2021, then there is no raptor at all...period! It takes a lot of work and r&d and humongous amount of capital to start a new vehicle class. And it takes years to get that money back, and after that company starts to make profit.

There will be a 2021, not sure about then gen. it can easily be gen2, or gen 3. It will be announced around September 2020 near trx release.

Next time any dealer tells u there is no 2021 raptor, note his name, and never go to him again. Come here and tell his name to all of us so we all can avoid that dealer.
That is one shit way to create confusion. If ford closes raptor production for 1 year, they wud be the world's most stupid manufacturer. They will loose millions, on the other hand, even if they keep making gen 2s till 2025, they will make millions without investing anything. Use common sense please.

This whole 'no 2021' is the opposite of what companies do. They delay new gens in order to squeeze every little bit of money out of their current gen. Not close the production for one year. How stupid is this idea. Even look at the current gen 2 raptor, ford didn't even gave it the face lift that they gave to f150.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guyz this ''there is no 2021'' is the biggest bs of all time. use your brains and common sense. if there is no 2021, then there is no raptor at all...period! It takes a lot of work and r&d and humongous amount of capital to start a new vehicle class. And it takes years to get that money back, and after that company starts to make profit.

There will be a 2021, not sure about then gen. it can easily be gen2, or gen 3. It will be announced around September 2020 near trx release.

Next time any dealer tells u there is no 2021 raptor, note his name, and never go to him again. Come here and tell his name to all of us so we all can avoid that dealer.
That is one shit way to create confusion. If ford closes raptor production for 1 year, they wud be the world's most stupid manufacturer. They will loose millions, on the other hand, even if they keep making gen 2s till 2025, they will make millions without investing anything. Use common sense please.

This whole 'no 2021' is the opposite of what companies do. They delay new gens in order to squeeze every little bit of money out of their current gen. Not close the production for one year. How stupid is this idea. Even look at the current gen 2 raptor, ford didn't even gave it the face lift that they gave to f150.

Where was the Raptor in 2015-2016? How much of a gap is there between upper end model mustangs when a new body comes out? Your argument makes sense if they stockpiled enough body parts to make the Gen 2 beside the 2021 models, but it doesn’t make sense to not transition the entire shared production line to the new model. I couldn’t understand why Ford would want to deal with Raptor development while trying to work bugs out of the new 2021 model.

jaggwaa

Reaction score
Car Gurus is an awesome site. I bought my 13 Raptor using this site as well as a few other cars. great to print out the best deals and then use them the get the price down on the truck. the best deal i found on a used raptor was in NC and i am in TN. the guy said, do you really want to travel 7 hours to get the truck.... I told him i have family there and it would be a like hitting 2 birds with 1 stone... an hour later, i got the the Raptor from my local dealer at the same price the other had in NC. love Car Gurus because dealers hate Car Gurus!

The only problem with cargurus is a lot of ads are fake. Prices are fake, in a very special way. If some car is 10k off msrp, they there will be a line written somewhere way down in the description hidden within vehicle details that a trade in is must for this deal, financing thru this and that is part of the deal. A lot of ads to get to talk to you so they can manipulate prices later on.

So be carefull. There is that "oh its sold an hour ago, but we have another one for u" thing happened to me a lot of times, Specially if you are about to visit a dealer 10 hours away, ask them to email or whatsapp you the actual pics of the car vin or door sticker. Just to make sure they actually have it.

But yeah its good to manipulate the dealers like you did... good job:Big Laugh:

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guyz this ''there is no 2021'' is the biggest bs of all time. use your brains and common sense. if there is no 2021, then there is no raptor at all...period!

Ford put the Raptor on a hiatus during the 2015 and 2016 model years while they geared up for the Gen 2. Rumor has it (and I believe it) they'll be doing the same thing. The Gen 3 Raptor will be 1-2 model years behind the new F-150 (so it'll come out likely as a 2023 Raptor. I bet for at least the 2022 model year there will be no Raptor. Seems a little late for there not to be a 2021. I'm sure there are technical reasons they do this, like re-tooling time, but the most obvious reason is that this is an enthusiast model and the buyer profile of a new Raptor (us) wants the latest, best truck out there. If they announce the 2023 Gen 3 Raptor and they're still selling 2022 Gen 2 Raptors, people will hold off and inventory will sit around burning holes in dealers' pockets. They stand to lose money on any Gen 2 inventory still on dealer lots once they announce Gen 3. That's the business case.

Think about it... If you were thinking about picking up a 2022 Raptor new and then suddenly Ford drops news about the Gen 3, wouldn't you wait? I sure will.