Installed 37's on Gen3 35 Raptor - no issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
4x4ready

4x4ready

Reaction score
My opinion….nothing more. Unless ford comes out with a 37” refit package for 35” raptors…..stick with 35’s, or get a factory 37”. Now….if you are going to drop 10k on a built custom suspension, I’m not talking about you. These trucks were engineered, quite thoughtfully, to run hard-ish on their stock sized meat.

For the shock tuning? Whatever clearance issue you would have on the 35 pkg you would have on the 37 pkg. It’s the same clearance wi to the only difference in chassis is spare tire location but a 37 still fits.

The shock tuning is different and maybe a limiting strap but not sure outside of chassis

You mentioned Fit so figured I’d share there is no difference in fender or clearance in non 37 pkg gen3 raptors vs 37 pkg ones.

The only chassis difference is a few more inches if any of clearance in the spare tire location after looking under both and owning my gen3 35 raptor with 37s on it with no rubbing.

what ever fit on 37 pkg Gen3 raptor fit on a non 37

Last edited:

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the shock tuning? Whatever clearance issue you would have on the 35 pkg you would have on the 37 pkg. It’s the same clearance wi to the only difference in chassis is spare tire location but a 37 still fits.

The shock tuning is different and maybe a limiting strap but not sure outside of chassis

You mentioned Fit so figured I’d share there is no difference in fender or clearance in non 37 pkg gen3 raptors vs 37 pkg ones.

The only chassis difference is a few more inches if any of clearance in the spare tire location after looking under both and owning my gen3 35 raptor with 37s on it with no rubbing.

what ever fit on 37 pkg Gen3 raptor fit on a non 37
There is a 1/8 inch rod difference in the front shock for the 37 truck. It's definitely not a hard stop for a 35 truck because it doesn't have the same shock. Especially if you go with a 37 package equivalent or lessor in weight to the 35 package.
IMO you really couldn't tell the difference in performance but may see earlier shock failure in the long run. How long I don't think anyone outside of Fox and Ford could say.

OP
OP
4x4ready

4x4ready

Reaction score
For the shock tuning? It’s the same clearance on 35 or 37 chassis. The only difference is spare tire location but a 37 still fits. The shock tuning is the only other difference stock offset. You mentioned Fit so figured I’d share there is no difference in fender or clearance in non 37 pkg gen3 raptors and 37 pkg ones. The only chassi difference is a few more inches if any of clearance in spare tire location after looking under both and owning my gen3 35 raptor with 37s on it with no running
There is a 1/8 inch rod difference in the front shock for the 37 truck. It's definitely not a hard stop for a 35 truck because it doesn't have the same shock. Especially if you go with a 37 package equivalent or lessor in weight to the 35 package.
IMO you really couldn't tell the difference in performance but may see earlier shock failure in the long run. How long I don't think anyone outside of Fox and Ford could say.

Yes definitely that makes a difference and important to note the shocks are different both mechanically and tuning wise. I was surprised the chassis and fenders had no difference other then the spare tire locations when I picked up my 35 raptor.

It’s good to identify any and all differences, thanks!

Last edited:

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the spare tire winch on the 37’s in a different spot? What did they change to fit the spare w/o issue?

OP
OP
4x4ready

4x4ready

Reaction score
Is the spare tire winch on the 37’s in a different spot? What did they change to fit the spare w/o issue?

I think they moved the tabs mounting the winch back a little bit. My non 37 pkg gen3 raptor fit a 37" in the spare tire location without any rubbing though.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they moved the tabs mounting the winch back a little bit. My non 37 pkg gen3 raptor fit a 37" in the spare tire location without any rubbing though.
Im going to measure mine from a couple different reference points and post that....hopefully somebody with a 37pp raptor will have a chance to do the same. Something is different i suspect.

munch520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, I put a ratchet strap there to keep it off the panhard bar but it fits for sure.