GEN 1 Inspection Before my 100k Warranty Expires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7raptor

Reaction score
My 2014 has been amazing. Never a single issue.

I bought the extended warranty and I want to have it inspected before I hit 100k (I'm at 97k miles now).

Is there a way I can get a dealer or shop to do a full inspection to find anything that might come up? I don't trust my local dealer (DCH Ford, Westlake Village CA) as far as I can throw them...

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2014 has been amazing. Never a single issue.

I bought the extended warranty and I want to have it inspected before I hit 100k (I'm at 97k miles now).

Is there a way I can get a dealer or shop to do a full inspection to find anything that might come up? I don't trust my local dealer (DCH Ford, Westlake Village CA) as far as I can throw them...

Do a Google search for shops that do PPI inspections.. (Pre-Purchase-Inspection) in your area...I had one done on my 2014 I bought 4 months ago without even driving it...had shop local to the seller go over it....way different from what the Dealer does MPI Multi-Point-Inspection...I got quotes from $75 to $150 ... went mid-range shop with best reviews...it was worth every $$....

OP
OP
7raptor

7raptor

Reaction score
Do a Google search for shops that do PPI inspections.. (Pre-Purchase-Inspection) in your area...I had one done on my 2014 I bought 4 months ago without even driving it...had shop local to the seller go over it....way different from what the Dealer does MPI Multi-Point-Inspection...I got quotes from $75 to $150 ... went mid-range shop with best reviews...it was worth every $$....

Is there a special certification or can my trusted off road race shop do that inspection?

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a special certification or can my trusted off road race shop do that inspection?
Never heard of a Certification for one,but it sure gives the buyer/seller some Peace Of Mind for under $100...I'm sure each shop is different,but I got a receipt of the bill and they rated everything on a scale of 1-100....I also called them the day it was done to talk to owner,who told me its a 99% truck,no worries if you buy it....
I'd give your race shop a call and see...I'd assume they would have all the computers/plug-ins,etc to check it out,and if not,sure they can steer you in right direction to find an honest shop....Totally agree with you...Dealers cant be trusted and/or dont have a clue...Thats why a MPI from a Dealer is really useless...learned all that when I bought mine and seller told me he had a MPI,but not a PPI...
Good luck....