"Insert Nav SD Card"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonka

Reaction score
A week or so ago I started the truck up and all of a sudden this message pops up on the screen "Please Insert Nav SD Card" (was working previously). Took out the SD card and put it back in and still same message (tried this several other times). Come to find out my ipod is no longer recognized as well.

Could this media hub gotten disconnected somehow if so is it relatively easy to pry up without breaking the tabs holding it on?

OP
OP
T

Tonka

Reaction score
Master reset didn't do anything, so battery disconnect will be next.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can pull the usb/av unit out, but its just a circuit board. i dont think there is anything to fix or reset on it really. here is what it looks like when its out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 167

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont mind the mod i did to the av inputs. but these are the best pics i have of that part

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 99
OP
OP
T

Tonka

Reaction score
Any easy way to pull this thing off? Just slide a screwdriver in and pop it out?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the top cover comes off and the main unit is still held by 4 plastic clips. use a small pick to release the tabs. use something flatter than a screwdriver if you can, to pull the cover off

OP
OP
T

Tonka

Reaction score
Well no luck with disconnecting the battery, so I pulled the box out, unplugged it and re-plugged it back in.

Was able to get navigation on for about 5 mins, turned the truck off and then back on and got the same message "Insert Nav SD card"

Really didnt want to take it to the dealer because they will keep it for a few hours and and end up having to order a new box.