If you truck was built with 801A and Pro Power After Mid October, you will be waiting!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh1017

Reaction score
Haven't won a home game yet so I don't think I want to go home hahaha. I watched a youtube with a guy that hooked up a big TV speakers and was even running something for food. Possibilities are endless. Just too bad it's hard sometimes to stream the game, I have a subscription to Sling TV but that doesn't include any of the CBS games which is annoying. For those days I just use sportsurge, but sometimes those streams drop connection every so often or skip around
Just a trusty ol antenna is plenty to watch the Cowboys here in the Dallas area.

Bugzuki

Reaction score
It has been a bunch of years, but back when I work at the Kenworth truck plant in Seattle there were times when we didn't have the parts to finish a truck. So that truck would get moved out to the lot. When we had all the parts to finish it the crew that did finished trucks that were pulled off the line would work on them in a specific area. Many other trucks would continue down the line.

Meanwhile they use the parts they have on trucks they can finish. Then when they have enough parts to continue the line and finish some in the lot they will do it. If they didn't continue building trucks they have the parts for that are still on the line they would have to shut it down. Makes more sense to finish a truck they have all the parts for instead of putting an ECU in a truck that is still missing the shocks and flares. Not trying to upset anyone, just hoping to add a little light from past experience in a similar industry.

DoKnowHarm

Reaction score
It has been a bunch of years, but back when I work at the Kenworth truck plant in Seattle there were times when we didn't have the parts to finish a truck. So that truck would get moved out to the lot. When we had all the parts to finish it the crew that did finished trucks that were pulled off the line would work on them in a specific area. Many other trucks would continue down the line.

Meanwhile they use the parts they have on trucks they can finish. Then when they have enough parts to continue the line and finish some in the lot they will do it. If they didn't continue building trucks they have the parts for that are still on the line they would have to shut it down. Makes more sense to finish a truck they have all the parts for instead of putting an ECU in a truck that is still missing the shocks and flares. Not trying to upset anyone, just hoping to add a little light from past experience in a similar industry.
So likely it’s the fender and/or shock issue and the chips are just withheld because it’s a rate limiting step across the spectrum of vehicles?

DoKnowHarm

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just got off the phone with a very educated dealer on the "situation" all the trucks that are being held are in fact missing the ECU and some are missing the stability module chip based controllers. Yes, they are also missing the Fender Flares.

I have a great Dealership that has been very helpful, they said if we get them in late December it will be a blessing. The dealership also mentioned that some of the 2021 units won't be delivered until Mid January, she is pushing for a discount to get this below MSRP since it's last year's model at that point. Not sure I will even take it unless I can get a discount because in a few years all of this will be behind us and then I have a year older truck than others.

I am just stating what I was told by a dealership that appears to be very well connected to the factory.

I personally think the way FORD treated us is complete crap and they should step up and give us a 2500 rebate for "late-delivery" it's not the dealership's fault. Why should they have to offer a discount when they didn't really have much control.

Just my two cents, I will do my best to answer any questions I can, but I have stated here pretty much all I know at this time.
Did you place down a deposit? I opted to keep my 2021 order IF it was built this year. Sitting in a lot without finishing components doesn’t count as built. Unless I get get a discount I am going to demand a 2022 or my money back. I placed money down... Do I have a leg to stand on?

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you place down a deposit? I opted to keep my 2021 order IF it was built this year. Sitting in a lot without finishing components doesn’t count as built. Unless I get get a discount I am going to demand a 2022 or my money back. I placed money down... Do I have a leg to stand on?
Unfortunately no. You ordered a 2021 specd out truck and it was provided to you(the order sheets don't have a time-line - - you only have the dealers word) . They can keep your deposit.

However, most dealers will probably try to throw in something (car washes, oil services, simoniz, etc) to make you feel a little better.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just got off the phone with a very educated dealer on the "situation" all the trucks that are being held are in fact missing the ECU and some are missing the stability module chip based controllers. Yes, they are also missing the Fender Flares.

I have a great Dealership that has been very helpful, they said if we get them in late December it will be a blessing. The dealership also mentioned that some of the 2021 units won't be delivered until Mid January, she is pushing for a discount to get this below MSRP since it's last year's model at that point. Not sure I will even take it unless I can get a discount because in a few years all of this will be behind us and then I have a year older truck than others.

I am just stating what I was told by a dealership that appears to be very well connected to the factory.

I personally think the way FORD treated us is complete crap and they should step up and give us a 2500 rebate for "late-delivery" it's not the dealership's fault. Why should they have to offer a discount when they didn't really have much control.

Just my two cents, I will do my best to answer any questions I can, but I have stated here pretty much all I know at this time.
Who cares if it is a year older or not? Dude it isn’t an investment.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer going to tell you to kick rocks. This isn't a mass produced Corolla you're buying and there are plenty of people that will gladly step up and buy your Raptor for more than you will pay for it if you bale. Good luck getting a discount. There isn't a company in the world right now that isn't having issues producing and shipping products. I feel your pain but there's nothing stopping me from getting my Raptor delivered, nothing. I also think your anger is misdirected at Ford because there is nothing else to blame, just saying. If anything we can definitely ding them for the lack of communication but that's trivial at this point. Back in the day, if you ordered a vehicle, you just ordered and waited until it arrived, pretty simple idea........ Patience is something most of us lack and it's getting worse by the day. Even with the TRX now on the market the Raptor is still one of the most sought after trucks on the market today!!

DoKnowHarm

Reaction score
Dealer going to tell you to kick rocks. This isn't a mass produced Corolla you're buying and there are plenty of people that will gladly step up and buy your Raptor for more than you will pay for it if you bale. Good luck getting a discount. There isn't a company in the world right now that isn't having issues producing and shipping products. I feel your pain but there's nothing stopping me from getting my Raptor delivered, nothing. I also think your anger is misdirected at Ford because there is nothing else to blame, just saying. If anything we can definitely ding them for the lack of communication but that's trivial at this point. Back in the day, if you ordered a vehicle, you just ordered and waited until it arrived, pretty simple idea........ Patience is something most of us lack and it's getting worse by the day. Even with the TRX now on the market the Raptor is still one of the most sought after trucks on the market today!!
My issue isn’t in the wait overall and I understand the market situation supply and demand. My issue is that Ford built my 2021 at the very end of the MY quite possibly knowing that I won’t receive it well
into 2022. I explicitly told my dealer if I won’t receive it this year, I understand, I just want to place a 2022 order instead with the new options that I preferred understanding and accepting the extra wait. The market is what the market is but Ford and the dealer owe some transparency and much much better communication. Rather, communication at all.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My issue isn’t in the wait overall and I understand the market situation supply and demand. My issue is that Ford built my 2021 at the very end of the MY quite possibly knowing that I won’t receive it well
into 2022. I explicitly told my dealer if I won’t receive it this year, I understand, I just want to place a 2022 order instead with the new options that I preferred understanding and accepting the extra wait. The market is what the market is but Ford and the dealer owe some transparency and much much better communication. Rather, communication at all.
The beauty of an everlasting pandemic is that companies major and minor are allowed to throw their hands up in the air and yell COVID, and you're not supposed to get mad or hold them accountable for anything. We saw "the customer is always right" starting to die starting 10 years ago, but this is officially the nail in the coffin. You can probably tell the dealer you don't want it anymore, and they will just simply sell that 21 when it comes in for a huge ADM and put you on the waiting list with all of us for 2022. You go back to step one again but end up with a MY 2022 possibly at the end of the summer?

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The beauty of an everlasting pandemic is that companies major and minor are allowed to throw their hands up in the air and yell COVID, and you're not supposed to get mad or hold them accountable for anything. We saw "the customer is always right" starting to die starting 10 years ago, but this is officially the nail in the coffin. You can probably tell the dealer you don't want it anymore, and they will just simply sell that 21 when it comes in for a huge ADM and put you on the waiting list with all of us for 2022. You go back to step one again but end up with a MY 2022 possibly at the end of the summer?
FAKE NEWS!!