If you had to pick just one....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
First Truck

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard claims of up to 65 HP gain with a cat-back, CAI, and tune. Are you saying I will not notice this improvement?

Why not?

Those of you out there that have done these mods, speak up...was it worth the cash?

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
I heard claims of up to 65 HP gain with a cat-back, CAI, and tune. Are you saying I will not notice this improvement?

Why not?

Those of you out there that have done these mods, speak up...was it worth the cash?

What I was saying was that you will probably not notice a difference between a custom tune and a handheld tuner/canned tune. You are definitely going to notice the mods if you do a cat back, cai and tune combined.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score

Why not?

You won't gains of 65hp without long tubes and high flow cats. A catback is a zero gain mod. The stock muffler is not the restriction in the exhaust.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score

Why not?

Deff. need the long tubes to go along with the rest of the mods to see those kind of numbers. I have Kooks LT's w/ high-flow cats, AFE cai, Magnapack and 5 Star/SCT tune and it's a night and day difference in power and driveabilty.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These guys are dead on, those numbers are with a full exhaust, intake and tune. Spend the money, it is a totally different animal.

OP
OP
First Truck

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I meant to say headers also.

Anybody had problems with a CAI and not enough filtration? Don't mean airflow, but filtration. How about water infiltration? Is this really an issue with regular use?

I'll start with the cat-back, full header when I have the money and time to leave truck at shop for 2 days, then CAI and tune at same time.

Better gas mileage anyone with the mods?