If Ford doesn't create a V8 for the next Gen Raptor, then......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be going to this, Edition 1 of course!!!
1000HP and 11,500 Torque!!!

I thought the 1st ed was already fully reserved?

And not knocking your opinion, just seems a bit odd that if you don't get the V8 you want...presumably for the V8 sound and all that...you're going to go with an EV...for the complete absence of engine noise?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think there is any gear reduction. All direct drive from the motors?

Ie no diff or transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe we have details yet, but the upcoming Mach E and current Tesla products use a 1 speed transmission; the motors are not direct drive. Those are relatively lightweight vehicles compared with the Hummer EV, which considering the size of the vehicle and the weight of the batteries, will probably be approaching 4 tons.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought the 1st ed was already fully reserved?

And not knocking your opinion, just seems a bit odd that if you don't get the V8 you want...presumably for the V8 sound and all that...you're going to go with an EV...for the complete absence of engine noise?

My point is, I'd rather go all the way with not having a V8 and not settle with the Eco Boost.
Realistically, battery tech is still years away so it's just talk

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My point is, I'd rather go all the way with not having a V8 and not settle with the Eco Boost.

Nobody "settled" for an EcoBoost...it outguns the 6.2 in every regard and still gets better fuel economy. Those are facts, not opinions.

Wasn't your complaint about "sound"? An EV has no sound except for electric motor whine, which is annoying at best.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way they are using a conventional method of measuring torque; those numbers are ridiculous. My guess would be they're stating torque as a value at the wheel after gear reduction. Similarly to taking the Raptor's torque value as follows:

510 lb-ft x 4.69 (1st gear) x 4.10 (axle) = 9806 lb-ft. It's a meaningless number.

Skip to 8:30 for the answer but you're spot on. They measure the torque at the wheel which is how you get to these absurd torque values

Screenshot_20201103-190340_YouTube.jpg