If Ford doesn't create a V8 for the next Gen Raptor, then......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your right can't argue physics, you would need a Tune at least on the NA 6.2L to make it fair.

I do think it's somewhat legit to look at the V8 with a tune in place. In that way you're look at the most you can get out of a stock engine setup. However, you would have to tune V6EB as well. Then consider what happens when you add intake, intercooler, etc. When does it end?

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should have stated real world Dyno, meaning truck sitting on the Dyno.
Brake HP is what manufactures do to make the numbers look better.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should have stated real world Dyno, meaning truck sitting on the Dyno.
Brake HP is what manufactures do to make the numbers look better.

All Ford engines are certified through SAE J1349; those numbers are the actual output of the engine. There is no variance because all of the engines are tested using the same method under the same conditions. You’re grasping at straws.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL, grasping straws, that's funny.
But no thank you on that EB, I'll keep my 6.2L and enjoy it for years to come.

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You actually know this or are just very confident in your opinion?

Lol, I don't think Ford is worried about competing with the Rebel. And since the F150 will have a power boost option, it seems very likely the Raptor will have that as well. I don't think Ford wants customers selecting a Lariat over a Raptor because the Lariat has more power.

It wasn't a speculation, I've had firsthand experience with the engine. Not saying any more about it.

I think it makes sense to compete with the Rebel still. Only offering an $70-80k truck makes raptor ownership much less attainable for the average person and offering a lineup of trucks makes them that much more appealing. People like having options.

The powerboost stuff is neat but I'd be surprised if they implemented it into the raptor, it's a lot of weight. But it's going to change how trucks with be used going forward. The powerboost system puts 4 120v and 1 220v outlet in the bed of the truck. There won't be much equipment that can't be operated from the truck. Gone will be the days of portable generators.

Last edited: