If Ford doesn't create a V8 for the next Gen Raptor, then......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen the commercials for it, very impressive so far. All manufacturers will be going this route. Would expect Ford to offer the same very soon!

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, too old school here. I already went to a V6 pick-up, I refuse to give up what manhood I have left and go electric. If no V8 Gen 3, then I'm keeping my Gen 2 but will probably get a TRX to add to the stable.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Just from a realistic perspective unless they massively increase ranges of an EV with the ability to tow I think a truck is a ridiculous notion and waste of time. Motorcycles or cars especially sporty cars would be awesome, but a truck? It will come eventually I have no doubt, but they are not close to the tech to making it reasonable

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no way they are using a conventional method of measuring torque; those numbers are ridiculous. My guess would be they're stating torque as a value at the wheel after gear reduction. Similarly to taking the Raptor's torque value as follows:

510 lb-ft x 4.69 (1st gear) x 4.10 (axle) = 9806 lb-ft. It's a meaningless number.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no way they are using a conventional method of measuring torque; those numbers are ridiculous. My guess would be they're stating torque as a value at the wheel after gear reduction. Similarly to taking the Raptor's torque value as follows:

510 lb-ft x 4.69 (1st gear) x 4.10 (axle) = 9806 lb-ft. It's a meaningless number.
I don’t think there is any gear reduction. All direct drive from the motors?

Ie no diff or transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don’t think there is any gear reduction. All direct drive from the motors?

Ie no diff or transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk