I really hate it when new car dealers had a bunch of crap on that I don’t need or want

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add the minor positive about dealer add ons. That being that you can role the cost into your financing rather than paying it all up front afterwards.

Maybe I misunderstand, please explain if so, but if you take the $500 add-on and finance it (what are most loans for today, 60-72 months?) you'll be paying much more than $500 for it. I used the same logic when I ordered/built/bought my house, did VERY few upgrades pre-purchase. Used liquid cash to buy them later as time and budget allowed, really saves a lot of money. But I also understand the willingness to pay more and avoid the hassles later, argued with a coworker who just bought an F150 and had the dealer install the bedliner and cover, he paid much more than normal, but picked up his truck "finished".

-----

Now on the subject of the step/handle that I might have escalated :)
  • I'll be 56 this year.
  • I can climb up on my bumper with both hands full.
  • I'm overweight but not obese, exactly 6 feet tall and bounce between 180-190.
  • I cannot step over the tailgate since I have a diamondback on there, ha!
  • With the cover off I can climb on top of the tailgate with the help of one hand.
  • With the cover off I cannot climb on top of the tailgate while holding anything substantial, a cooler is out of the question.
  • I'm not convinced that using the handle would avoid any of the shame felt by having to use a hand to climb on top of the tailgate.
  • I'm very surprised anyone read this far.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Just wanted to add the minor positive about dealer add ons. That being that you can role the cost into your financing rather than paying it all up front afterwards. That likely doesn't makeup for extras you don't want and any premiums, but that is a positive.

The Ford dealership I was mostly looking at didn't have any forced add ons, but there was plenty they wanted to sell you to add on for you.

the autonation dealerships in texas have a program where Texas Motorworx will do the customization/mods on a new truck bought from autonation, and the whole package can be financed.

OP
OP
S

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as long as your not financing some magical paint protector for 399 that probbly cost them $5 to rub on.... or the air in your tires for $99