I really hate it when new car dealers had a bunch of crap on that I don’t need or want

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well at 51, I can grab the top of the tailgate, yank myself up on to the bumper and step inside the bed. I can also vault myself on to the tailgate using my hands. So what? I've seen some really fat, out of shape millennials who need that step way more than I do.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer tried told them I wasn’t paying extra for any of it. We made the deal and as far as I was concerned any of the “add ins” were included. They squirmed but agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like many I ordered just what I wanted....no decals, no Moon roof, no lane control....and yeah no "extra" N2 in my tires...

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Some of us "old" guys like Raptors too... :33:

I attached Jeep grab handles to the ratchet strap tire tiedowns for my spares. ( tailgate is long gone. if anyone wants to buy a magnetic tailgate from a 2018 with a step PM me. It doesnt fit on my truck anymore.)

You can see the loops on the rachet straps here:

pfG7Ijo.jpg

The first time the guys at the shop saw it, they were all confused as to what the handle was for.

It only took one time of them having to step onto the bumper to get in the bed and suddenly " best idea evar!". I call it the fat guy handle, but when you have to climb in and out of the bed to get tools 30 times in a day while on the trail, that handle helps make hanging out drinking beers at the hotel a fun, social experience instead of a medicinal one.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I attached Jeep grab handles to the ratchet strap tire tiedowns for my spares. ( tailgate is long gone. if anyone wants to buy a magnetic tailgate from a 2018 with a step PM me. It doesnt fit on my truck anymore.)

You can see the loops on the rachet straps here:

pfG7Ijo.jpg

The first time the guys at the shop saw it, they were all confused as to what the handle was for.

It only took one time of them having to step onto the bumper to get in the bed and suddenly " best idea evar!". I call it the fat guy handle, but when you have to climb in and out of the bed to get tools 30 times in a day while on the trail, that handle helps make hanging out drinking beers at the hotel a fun, social experience instead of a medicinal one.

If it were me, I’d space those spares apart and affix a cpr dummy to those straps, put some duct tape over the mouth of the dummy just for grins. :)

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
If it were me, I’d space those spares apart and affix a cpr dummy to those straps, put some duct tape over the mouth of the dummy just for grins. :)
they're about 4" apart.

Maybe I'll get one of those halloween legs that you close into your truck and leave hanging out.

I had a stuffed donkey tail ziptied into it, but it got gross after about 5 minutes on trail, so I clipped it.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to add the minor positive about dealer add ons. That being that you can role the cost into your financing rather than paying it all up front afterwards. That likely doesn't makeup for extras you don't want and any premiums, but that is a positive.

The Ford dealership I was mostly looking at didn't have any forced add ons, but there was plenty they wanted to sell you to add on for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc