Are there any new topics? Key code pad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean, really, has it all been covered by now? Perhaps, but when I have a question or a thought, bring it up, as my dad always said. So here goes.

After four Raptors I just discovered that the number pad on the door is not as sophisticated as I thought. Now don’t get me wrong, I like it and think it’s a cool feature. When I go hiking, etc, I like to look my key in the car.

No, I don’t want to hear, oh, what a stupid thing to do, etc. If my truck gets stolen, I’ll get a new one or something else.

But it was only recently I found out that each button, although containing two numbers, is really only one. I thought you had to press the buttons on the edge to select the desired number. Man, am I dumb.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe they did it this way purposely to allow people to more easily remember their own dates/patterns numbers. 0-9 allows for more flexibility so while not a sophisticated feature, it was a kind gesture to the masses imo.

MrLiou168

Reaction score
Y'all know where the factory code is? It was part of the owner's manual in my Gen 2 but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the books and paperwork that came with my gen 3.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Y'all know where the factory code is? It was part of the owner's manual in my Gen 2 but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the books and paperwork that came with my gen 3.
you have to set it up in the center screen with the code that came on the key tag

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Thought there was something like that. My dealer replaced the factory key tags with their own. Any other place I can look?
tempImagerj4gK0.jpg
My dealer punch a hole in it and put it on the key, but its a credit card size like @DocMarshall stated. Maybe in paperwork or the glove box? I covered my code just in case it is somehow vunerable to put it out here.

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought there was something like that. My dealer replaced the factory key tags with their own. Any other place I can look?
Glove box, center console, sunglasses holder, driver side door. Ask the dealer if you can’t find it. Might be able to give you some guidance on the code. It may be tied to your PCM too. I got a new code when mine was replaced.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
You can perform a sequence with both keys to have the vehicle display the code, you can find it on YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc