2023 Raptor Key FOB - adding a 3rd FOB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was not sure this would work. I believe Amazon has one that also works.

Need 2 working FOBs

This FOB can be programmed to work on 2023s. The steps are a little strange. Putting the unprogrammed FOB in last, must push and hold the on button. Timing is very important and must perform fast. You must have 2 programmed FOBs. It took about 5 times to make it work.

Key the original fob in the back slot of the cup holder must remove the rubber pad. Earlier Raptors have the slot in the front cup holder.

Push switch ON

3 tones or about 5 seconds

Push switch off

Remove FOB

Repeat for FOB two

Place unprogrammed FOB in slot

Push the switch on and hold

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what is being presented here?

The process in the Owners manual works just fine. I programed a 3rd FOB for my R no problems.

R,
HAP

Madhouse

Reaction score
Bringing this one back, just so I can ask a different question.

I understand the process for programming, that's not a problem. My issue is that I'm trying to program a fob on my new 2024 Raptor that was programmed originally to my 2018 Raptor (spare). The programming process isn't doing the trick. Is there a need / method to "unprogram" that spare fob before being able to program it to my new truck?

Any help / advice on this is appreciated!

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they have to be year specific, or at least Gen specific. I had to provide my VIN to the dealer when I bought my 3rd FOB. That may have more to do with the key blade, but not sure...

R,
HAP