I Love SVToffroad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shoepolishsmelling

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long story short the clutch in my GT500 took a dump on me today and while I was waiting for the tow truck all I could think about was svtoffroad and a story I would post

So I get a lovely call this morning from my platoon sergeant to inform me that one of my soldiers is getting a ticket for driving without a license and will need a ride because of the circumstances I'm on leave so this instantly sucks because I was trying to sleep in
Then on the way to the barracks I notice over revving and what seems like clutch slippage. I get out of fifth gear and bam that's it it won't engage in any gear so I steer her right and that's it. It's a call to ford roadside assistance.
So after the tow truck delivering the vehicle to the wrong dealer and me walking out because said dealer acted like I was an annoyance because they had 8 bays and only three mechanics working.
PHP:
Normally it wouldnt be a big deal but the cobra is my only car until the raptor arrives so essentially i was stranded at asshats of america ford dealership in north carolina AKA Crown Ford fayetteville NC (doucheboogies) I was going to give up hope but the tow service didn't charge me to go to my dealer of choice, everything is getting fixed under warranty , and I got a loaner from them it's a Sebring touring but eh beggars can't be picky.
Also while I was one the phone with ford they informed me that my raptor started getting built yesterday and she should be delivered Aug 2nd so I'm super stoked.
I figured I would just share the days events just getting home at 5:00pm I know some people like to read unlike the other forum which is just a bunch of squabbling

So it was a sucky day with a little bit of good news at the end I even ordered my car2u visor from the parts department so another mod goes on the pile
Dan where you at I want a comment asap
Your Message

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha wow ouch but wow but ouch but haha and yay!!

:mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing sps. Keep us updated on the fix. And of course... let the countdown begin to Aug 2!!!!

OP
OP
S

shoepolishsmelling

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For sure bigJ I wanna write threads about funnels and such if you can't tell I'm a huge lurker sorry guys don't like to comment unless I'm a subject matter expert

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Noooo worries sps. Glad to have you here in any capacity. Its all good bro.

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've all had those kind of days. Hang in there man!! You received the great news of your Raptor being built!! Awesome news for an otherwise crappy day. Get your camera ready...

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called

rwstop.jpg

and they said you were too demanding because you have a real expensive car you expected to be treated better than their customers who own ****ty little econobox cars.

They sent me a picture of their shop showing how quiet it was before you came in and raised hell (their words not mine):

floor3_300.jpg

I found a picture of one of their mechanics trying to put a brake drum on an out-of-town Explorer that had disc brakes so you're lucky you didn't leave it there for them to experiment on.

Auto-Mechanic.JPG

I think you should send them this as a gift while you're celebrating having your Cobra taken to a different dealership for service:

customer-service-for-dummies.jpg

Good luck with your service and we look forward to you finally getting your Raptor!

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I found a picture of one of their mechanics trying to put a brake drum on an out-of-town Explorer that had disc brakes so you're lucky you didn't leave it there for them to experiment on.

Auto-Mechanic.JPG

Actually, that's how the brakes are on those.....it's a disc but the parking brake is inside a small drum, it's one whole disc/drum unit.:)

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had to deal with crown Ford a time or two. HORRIBLE customer service. Actually, just about every dealer in Fayetteville had the same training in horrible customer service. Good luck with everything. ABN

OP
OP
S

shoepolishsmelling

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nacho I would be inclined to agree with you nine times out of ten but there is a gem of ford dealerships Lafayette ford of Fayetteville nicest service department I have come upon in awhile I even got called hon and sweety from the service lady when they play to my Texas sensibilities like that how can I not like them and Dan you never disappoint :)