I just found out I got the shaft: My order went up in price retroactive to my build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruin1md

Reaction score
follow up to my thread from last night: my sales guy just told me that my order has now gone up in price and there is "nothing they can do". In other words, my base price that I thought was locked in at $65,375 is now $68,675. I think this will be the case for anyone with a '22 order, regardless of when it was placed, but who the f knows. To say I'm pissed off right now is an understatement. I'm not sure this is worth it any longer, but will give this some thought before making any rash decisions.

IMHO, when this game of musical chairs ends, I think there will be a lot of people who will have overpaid for this vehicle, between ADM's and this BS unjustified price increase.

xxxspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
follow up to my thread from last night: my sales guy just told me that my order has now gone up in price and there is "nothing they can do". In other words, my base price that I thought was locked in at $65,375 is now $68,675. I think this will be the case for anyone with a '22 order, regardless of when it was placed, but who the f knows. To say I'm pissed off right now is an understatement. I'm not sure this is worth it any longer, but will give this some thought before making any rash decisions.

IMHO, when this game of musical chairs ends, I think there will be a lot of people who will have overpaid for this vehicle, between ADM's and this BS unjustified price increase.
My dealer has confirmed with me my price will be protected which is when we agreed in October.

There is a screen-shot from ford stated the price protection for retail order, maybe yours is stock? Also, Have you had a VIN yet?

Last edited:

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did he order it as stock order? Those are not price protected. If you placed your "retail" order before Feb 14, you should be price protected.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry your dealer is doing that to you, it's not Ford. Hope you can maybe pick up somebody else's order at another dealer.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Your dealer screwed you over not Ford. I chuckled when I read “unjustified price increase” Ford is still one of the lowest for price increases in the last 24 months even with this latest one. I don’t think it’s rocket science as to why… shit is harder to acquire and the people holding it is charging more. Also, the truck you get at $68k is far superior than any other truck you get for that price point. So in theory it’s still a “good” deal with today’s world. Hope you chill out and find a better dealer. Good luck.

cmstric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did he order it as stock order? Those are not price protected. If you placed your "retail" order before Feb 14, you should be price protected.
Where did you see this? I’ve got deposit on a dealer ordered one that was ordered in October.

SouthernRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel ya. I talked to the dealer about this very thing, as mine is dealer stock. They pretty much said mine is not price protected. Pissed me off a little bit….so I went and found a 21. As the saying goes….one in the hand…