I just found out I got the shaft: My order went up in price retroactive to my build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That reminds me of when I was financing / buying my first house. Every week it was a new ask. 3 months of pay checks, any outstanding / revolving bills, income verification. This went on for 5 weeks and they cycled back to the first request - income verification and new pay check stubs and I needed them from the wife and we were getting a bit fed up.

Finally, they called me again week 6 and I told them to shove their paperwork requests right up their @$$ I’ll get someone else to finance me. ...

Agent calls me in a panic, I tell her to find someone else or I will, she says no way to turn around a loan in 2 weeks from scratch and I retort: No way I will abide any more phone calls or requests for paperwork, they have enough or they don’t want my business. She calls me back later and says loan approved, asks if loan officer can call me. Not just no, HELL NO and you shouldn’t either.

It sounds like these dealer parasites can’t take yes for an answer. They’ve got a sale they can make. Maybe you should yank their chain a little by delaying. Some emergency out of town condition or something. Maybe sign the purchase order but just keep delaying them as long as you can for the fun of it.

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right after I told him no, I got asked for another copy of my wife's and my drivers licenses. Then I get a call asking for a card from a current auto policy. After I submitted all that I got a text asking if it was a good time for the finance manager to go over my warranty options available so I can get it set up in advance and I told him it wasn't. Tomorrow when the finance manager calls I'm telling them I am going with flood Ford even if they offer to match the price. I've been sending emails twice a day about them not honoring the price protection so hopefully the execs will get sick of seeing my name and make a decision on it.

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from the GM who seemed pretty upset and he told me "apparently you got in contact with someone at Ford Corporate and it has caused a lot of trouble. This was a really good deal and from my understanding there was no price protection. I will put the price on hold and call you when I get clarification." I said that's all i'm looking for thank you.