I have the cluck.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Apparently I've been ignoring it since I got the truck but I have it. I felt/heard it come from below my seat which is about where the transfer case is. Hopefully I'll be getting a new drvieshaft.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
lol, when i read this i thought maybe you contracted some strange disease from eating under cooked chicken.

Frivol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, when do you actually hear the "clunk"? Occasionally i'll hear a clunk/jolt when i shift from park to drive after i've parked on a hill or on top of something and after i left the transmission settle.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so, when do you actually hear the "clunk"? Occasionally i'll hear a clunk/jolt when i shift from park to drive after i've parked on a hill or on top of something and after i left the transmission settle.
Not trying to be a **** but I'm not answering any questions about my truck on forums right now. My truck has some pretty big problems that requires me to contact corporate Ford to get an engineer and or regional Rep to discuss my truck and it repairs. I post more once this is sorted out.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the same problem for months.

My fix?

Drained the transfer case of factory fill and refill with Royal Purple Synchromax fluid.

No clunk, no binding from slowing to a stop sign or accelerating from a stop either which I what I had prior to the fluid swap.

Oh and for you guys that still haven't drained and refilled your differentials??

Might want to get under there and do that. My rear was a quart+ low from the factory and I had no leaks. FYI that had nothing to do with my aforementioned fix of my clunk.