I finally got a Gen 3, but I might not keep it for long.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in February, I placed an order for a 2022 raptor at MSRP, but after a month of waiting for my raptor, the dealership called me saying they were out of allocations and had to cancel my order. After not being able to find another dealership willing to sell me a raptor allocation at MSRP, I placed an order for a TRX for 10k off sticker. However, on May 30th, I received a call from the dealership where I had placed my original raptor order. They said someone backed out of their order that was identical to mine and wanted to know if I was interested. I immediately said yes and told them I would be there the following day. I arrived at the dealership and signed all the paperwork. I was even able to get a $1000.00 off MSRP because the individual who originally had the order said I could use his deposit. I immediately fell in love with the truck while I was driving it home. A raptor had always been my dream truck ever since I saw the first-gen raptor ten years ago. The following day on June 1st, I received a call from the dealership where I placed my trx order. They said my trx order had shipped and to expect it to arrive before June 20th. After having my raptor for a week, I don't think I can give it up. Even though the ram dealership offered me 7k over what I paid for my raptor, I don't think I can part ways with it. I have about two weeks to decide what I'm going to do. Who would’ve thought buying a truck could be this difficult.
Seems to be a lot of guys on Fords payroll on this forum… Reading between the lines, you don’t want 2 trucks. Me personally, I would have to finance it. So if the TRX was available then the only option it to trade or keep the Raptor. My pockets are not deep enough to have both.
So my honest opinion is to test drive the TRX when it comes in and make up your mind then.
So I’m at Academy and the shoes say suggested retail $150 but Academy is selling them for $120. I still buy them as it really comes down to personal value. (if you are keeping it) It is fun to discuss this topic as this is a unique situation in 2022. Good luck.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, what are you doing? Sounds like you decided to keep the better vehicle, TRX is going to be a money pit anyway.
Why? I’m at 80k on my Power Wagon and it has yet to see the shop/dealership. I changed the fluids, wipers and the tires. That’s it! I’m not knocking the Raptor neither as it has only been in the shop twice since 90k and I’m at 114k now. Ram makes great trucks. I understand being a fan boy. I get it. I just don’t understand your statement. “Money pit” as I have not found that to be the case.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I quote..."I have about two weeks to decide what I'm going to do. Who would’ve thought buying a truck could be this difficult." No advice is needed here. This decision lies solely upon him. So I ask you...and him, "does he need advice on what pair of socks to wear too or is that too difficult?
The OP (Vill) is just trying to make up his mind and asking for some guidance bro. That's not so bad. If he goes over to the TRX site, I'm sure he'll get the opposite advice from 99.9% of them. At least "some" of the members on FRF are objective and aren't totally like...
200.gif

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If someone is foolish enough to consider trading for a truck that has already lost more than 10% in value before it leaves the lot vs a slightly used one that had appreciated 10% let him do it. Not a very smart move. Plus, every 100 miles he has to spend an additional 20 bucks in fuel and the value will drop further after hit the speed bump leaving the dealership. After he figures out that every 1000 miles costs an extra 200 bucks in fuel, he will sell, driving the value of the TRX down further.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
@vill , OP, I will make it easy for you. If the raptor is white or possibly orange, I will give you $1000 if you can hook me up with the dealer at your price. WIN WIN. I have a white one that is to be built in a week or two and placed a 1000 deposit on it. We agreed if it didn't show up in 6 months I get my $$ back. Next week is 6 months. 1000 might be about 8 tanks of TRX whiskey, I'd guess. Just a thought. Unless you can legit make all the money they claimed after taxes.

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
They said my trx order had shipped and to expect it to arrive before June 20th. After having my raptor for a week, I don't think I can give it up. Even though the ram dealership offered me 7k over what I paid for my raptor, I don't think I can part ways with it. I have about two weeks to decide what I'm going to do. Who would’ve thought buying a truck could be this difficult.
Well... is not difficult. Please take the TRX and I will be happy to take the Raptor off your hands after a nice discount.