I finally got a Gen 3, but I might not keep it for long.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why? I’m at 80k on my Power Wagon and it has yet to see the shop/dealership. I changed the fluids, wipers and the tires. That’s it! I’m not knocking the Raptor neither as it has only been in the shop twice since 90k and I’m at 114k now. Ram makes great trucks. I understand being a fan boy. I get it. I just don’t understand your statement. “Money pit” as I have not found that to be the case.
I’m not a “fan boy” but I do like Fords a lot. Let’s stick to Raptors and Trx for comparisons and keep the name calling for kindergarten, unless you just want to have a war of words, in that case I will meet you on Facebook. You can’t compare your daily driving power wagon to a TRX , just like I wouldn’t compare a base f150 to a Raptor.
Anyway, I’m too busy today to get into cost per mile for a TRX versus a Raptor, maybe you can do that on your own.

James O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a Mopar guy and have not had a Ford since my 06 F250. I still prefer the Raptor mostly from fuel economy and they have been around for a while to improve faults.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True.......I should have said that It think TRX's will be heavily discounted by that time.
RAM/Jeep has been better with keeping up with demand. Some of their dealers were offering discounts before COVID era and didn’t stop.
Ford on the other hand has fallen on their face with the Bronco and F150 Raptor release. Most everyone of their dealers is price gouging and claiming “market adjustment” which is something Ford shouldn’t be proud of.
Some people in here wear ADM like a badge of honor and I’ve heard comments like how their salesman “went to bat” for them to get the deal done only $10k over MSRP.
I swear I’ve read some of the dumbest comments from probably some real smart people in this forum.

Last edited:

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not a “fan boy” but I do like Fords a lot. Let’s stick to Raptors and Trx for comparisons and keep the name calling for kindergarten, unless you just want to have a war of words, in that case I will meet you on Facebook. You can’t compare your daily driving power wagon to a TRX , just like I wouldn’t compare a base f150 to a Raptor.
Anyway, I’m too busy today to get into cost per mile for a TRX versus a Raptor, maybe you can do that on your own.
Not meaning to call names. My apologies. I do have the most capable off-road three-quarter ton truck that’s available (was available if you want to include the new Tremor, now that’s another debate) that is also a 70k truck. I’m not on Rams payroll and I don’t care to sway people one way or the other. I was just curious about the money pit comment.