Hp Limit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alaskan Assassin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the HP cap for these engines (6.2L)? I had an 04 Lightning and was told you could boost it only up to about 450ish without re-doing the engine. I am not very versed in this department, help would be appreciated...

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Not that this is a good measuring stick, but Hennessey has a 600 hp twin turbo Raptor that uses stock internals.

Can agree with that. :D

Raptor XT is supposed to be 500hp (crank) on stock internals, naturally aspirated. Forget what they do, I want to say ECM (of course), cams, injectors, exhaust. Not street legal though.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Can agree with that. :D

Raptor XT is supposed to be 500hp (crank) on stock internals, naturally aspirated. Forget what they do, I want to say ECM (of course), cams, injectors, exhaust. Not street legal though.

The R was slightly underrated at 500hp w/ cams, ported heads and TB, along with the obvious intake, long tubes and exhaust and tuning. I think it may have had a slight bump in compression as well. The XT has always been said to have the same 500hp figure but I believe when the time comes, it will only be 485 or so for pump gas reasons.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I think the 6.2 should take to a supercharger fairly well. The compression ratio (9.8:1 I believe) is reasonable for a small amount (7-8 lbs.) of intercooled boost.

speed45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just bought a Raptor and Im also a Ford employee (Auto Technician). You dont wanna go more then about 500hp on a 6.2. Thats about all it can handle reliably, adding boost to the engine or increasing hp past that can make things questionable.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Hey, I just bought a Raptor and Im also a Ford employee (Auto Technician). You dont wanna go more then about 500hp on a 6.2. Thats about all it can handle reliably, adding boost to the engine or increasing hp past that can make things questionable.

Welcome. Are the rods the weak link once again? Why Ford even put powder forged rods in the Lightning I will never understand. My bet is they are in the 6.2 as well.