How to safely carrying a gun in a gen 2 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I carry this, legal everywhere and non lethal, so when you make a mistake no one dies and you don’t spend life in jail shooting a kid that’s stealing your lightbar.

http://www.thepeppergun.com/

I can attest it causes Insane eve pain, makes it hard to breathe, and temporary blindness. No one is getting hit by this sucker and doing anything to you. They are down and feel like their dieing.

—john

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunMonkeyINTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember an instance were some PD were shot up with an AR and it made quick work of them with an AK47, the bullets went through and through the patrol car, went through the engine block, and all they had was their standard issued 40 cal Glock 22s. It sucked to be them, would not wanted to face that with a Glock lol
Dude. Just stop posting about guns. You’re making yourself look like an idiot. A 7.62x39 won’t put a bullet “through an engine block”. The pattern of a shotgun at legal self-defense distances doesn’t buy you the ability to hit with a miss. And, a .17 HMR is not a prime SD choice.

Just stop. I know Call of Duty is all cool and the gang, but declarative statements are best reserved for conversations on topics in which you have a clue.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude. Just stop posting about guns. You’re making yourself look like an idiot. A 7.62x39 won’t put a bullet “through an engine block”. The pattern of a shotgun at legal self-defense distances doesn’t buy you the ability to hit with a miss. And, a .17 HMR is not a prime SD choice.

Just stop. I know Call of Duty is all cool and the gang, but declarative statements are best reserved for conversations on topics in which you have a clue.

I know I drive a slow Baru sorry lost myself for a second

Last edited:

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember an instance were some PD were shot up with an AR and it made quick work of them with an AK47, the bullets went through and through the patrol car, went through the engine block, and all they had was their standard issued 40 cal Glock 22s. It sucked to be them, would not wanted to face that with a Glock lol

Are you ******** retarded?

Great example of the internet being strewn with bad advice posted by people that think they know what they are talking about. Every ******** has a voice

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you ******** retarded?

Great example of the internet being strewn with bad advice posted by people that think they know what they are talking about. Every ******** has a voice

How about you look up the West Memphis Kane shooting, and the bullets ricocheted off the engine block striking the officer in the head and removing his brains from its cranium cavity.

Oh I am nice on this board now trust me, but this is probably the roughest board I have ever seen as far as respect for other peoples ideas and comments.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the KSG, but a good rule of thumb for shotguns in general is not to transport them chambered. Many, if not most, aren't as safe to drop or thump on things as a modern pistol and a lot of folks have been hurt by accidental discharges.

Our ****** gun laws in Canada... can't have anything loaded in, on, or leaning against a vehicle. I hear you on the shotguns generally though. I guess that is why they call it cruiser ready. That's how we carry them in griz country, esp. if climbing around up and over things. I'm not big on trusting safeties as they have a habit of getting bumped or flicked when you least expect it. If a bear is threatening, then I chamber the shell and my 'finger is the safety'.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only problem is forgetting which load is chambered, since it only changes type after you rack it. I've heard the argument for less-lethal on one side, slugs on the other - but thats super risky if you forget what is in the chamber last.

I have one too, love it, but so far its a safe queen since I dont feel comfortable keeping a gun full time in the truck. It is pretty amazing to have the option of 24 rounds in one gun with aguila minishells thou.

I don't carry it as a truck gun. Can't do that easily here as it would need to be transported unloaded, then loaded if there was a problem. The risk profile where I live is very low anyway. I use mine as a camp/bush gun. Full strength slugs for bear on the default side. Then reduced recoil buck or #4 buck for other threats like cougars and other problem mammals.

I haven't used the mini's yet. Having 7 and 7 is plenty for me.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score

762 short isn't going through an engine block. Almost any long gun will be an advantage over a pistol in any greater than short range engagement as a general rule. If I was law enforcement, I'd want the option to have a carbine available, that's for sure.