How the heck do I get a flashlight out of here??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've lost plenty of tools down in there. Usually able to peal back the liner and get a finger in there to pull them out.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

OP
OP

1fastdoc

Reaction score
I've lost plenty of tools down in there. Usually able to peal back the liner and get a finger in there to pull them out.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

As I began to look I found some nice webs and a nickel size spider chiling near the opening. For all I know he's the lookout for the hoard now pissed off at me for hitting them with a flashlight.

The truck has been sitting in my garage for 3 weeks undergoing a paint correction before I seal it. I guess the spiders thought it was a good home.

Had no choice. Lit the truck on fire. I'll look for the light in the ashes.

OP
OP

1fastdoc

Reaction score
Thought I'd be slick. Being an ENT I have a long flexible scope. Went through the SVT grill and figured I'd see where it landed. Nope. On the plus side, no spiders. When I was reaching through last night I figured I'd be bitten or stung by some hidden spider or scorpion.

Next step is roll the truck upside down to try to shake it back out the way it went in.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next step is roll the truck upside down to try to shake it back out the way it went in.[/QUOTE]

Good idea, I hear Nosbusa- AKA Car Stereo Company is good at getting Raptors to do the roll thing. Shoot him a PM, I am sure he would be willing to help.

OP
OP

1fastdoc

Reaction score
Tried a magnet through the hole in the fender after removing the SVT piece. Couldn't get it to budge. There's a little area down there where smaller parts can really lodge in tight.

Finally got it out with a coat hanger fashioned into a hook in just the right shape to grab it. Took quite a few tries though.

Nothing will ever get set on the cowl again.