Votes: 24 7.7%
  • 61-65

Votes: 26 8.3%
  • 66-70

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • Carbon date me

Votes: 17 5.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The value in having a "boring" vehicle while you are younger and investing your money is

COMPOUNDING INTEREST

Which means instead of spending that money on a depreciating asset you can invest it and your money can then make you money without you doing squat.

Then you get to be one of these old bastards with whatever toys you want instead of having to
get a job as a Walmart greeter
Right. Don’t buy a 50k+ vehicle until you can pay cash or have a company allowance.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You asked for it. About 15 years ago I was working in a courtroom with a newly elected Supreme Court Justice. This dude was so cool, so down to earth, unlike most. I was convinced he had to be from Da Bronx, my hometown and home of the NY Yankees. (Turned out, he was from NJ)

We were working the matrimonial part with couples coming in, many women abused and crying. Some were pretty hot. He sends a couple and their lawyers out to the hallway to attempt to settle. As soon as they walk out he turns to me and says, Mark, would you do her?” I was a supervisor and so had to be concerned about BS political correctness. And having worked in court for 30 years I never experienced that from a judge. Needless to say, I was taken aback.

I immediately replied, “I don’t know, Judge, would you? He said, “I’d do her; I wouldn’t make a career out of her but I’d do her.” It was friggin hilarious.

I then said, “Judge, where did you grow up?”

I swear, a nanosecond didn’t pass when he said, “I haven’t.” He quickly became my favorite judge.

So, in answer to how old I am, I’m basically 2. I’ve never grown up and I never will. I’m like Peter Pan.
Older than dirt. Dead in dog years.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
66, but more like a 5 yr old who has great toys (Raptor, Shelby, Harley, and boat) and can drink.
I even had a job that most kids want. I was a NYC fireman for 20 yrs so I got to ride on big red trucks. Growing up sucks.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The value in having a "boring" vehicle while you are younger and investing your money is

COMPOUNDING INTEREST

Which means instead of spending that money on a depreciating asset you can invest it and your money can then make you money without you doing squat.

Then you get to be one of these old bastards with whatever toys you want instead of having to
get a job as a Walmart greeter

Or you can throw a ton into those investment accounts and drive something cool! When you spend a ton of time in the truck, the quality of life benefit outweighs the slight cost.

I'll skip the vacations and smile going to the gym most mornings at 5am instead of hating myself for driving a Crosstrek.

I'm 24 but I bought an overpriced F150 I'm slowly turning into my own frankentruck.