How many thread the needle or just go for the pin stripes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smilodon

Reaction score
Pinstripes are a badge of honor. I remember the first time out with the wife(her truck, but I drive) She was silent for the 1st hr. or so, got over it and started having fun!

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am okay with pinstripes but I will get out and cut branches if I think it will go deeper than the clearcoat. If I'm getting out and doing that too often, I'll turn around.

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do what I can to avoid the big stuff, but some things are just unavoidable when you’re trying to hustle a 6200lb truck through some tight single track at 40-70mph. Here in the high desert we have toooons of creosote, cacti, random bull****, and tight trails so it’s pretty fun trying to make the truck dance through all of that crap when it feels like you’re going warp speed.

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first the pinstripping used to not bother me, until one day I stopped at a local Ford dealership. They had a 2020 Magnetic gray just like mine, so I was interested in seeing what they were asking for it. That's when I realized how ****** mine looked:eek:. That next week I scheduled a paint correction $450s later, I'm now a little more cautious hitting trails and washing it, damn the badge of honor :winner_first_h4h:

Mille_ed

Reaction score
I chose white to hide the pinstripes. It certainly wasn’t my first choice, and would have gone ruby red otherwise. The darker colors do look terrible all striped up.

I’ll probably wrap it once it gets too embarrassing to line up at the pick up line at my daughter’s school. I already get funny looks with all the lights and spares in the bed.