How many more yrs do we have of the Ford Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be alone in this but I think ford will make a raptor EV fairly soon and it will kick all the other EV off-roading trucks out of the water. The lightning is probably the only EV truck I’d buy since it’s a reasonable price, decent range, and looks the best. Hopefully it lives up to its expectations.

Hate to say it but the way things are looking, EV vehicles are becoming the next big thing and gasoline vehicles will become antiques. It’s for the better long term but it sucks we are starting with consumer vehicles rather than the industrial sector which is far worse than personal vehicles.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the term "Ford Raptor" will be a sub model across the entire line of Ford Motor Company for the Bronco, F150, Ranger, Transit, etc. The original f150 ford raptor is dead when this generation runs out, because big gas guzzling twin turbo v6 engines will soon be attached to ocean liners chains as anchors and used as Airport Shuttle bus's to replace the old tried and true obsolete 6.2 boss motors.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the term "Ford Raptor" will be a sub model across the entire line of Ford Motor Company for the Bronco, F150, Ranger, Transit, etc. The original f150 ford raptor is dead when this generation runs out, because big gas guzzling twin turbo v6 engines will soon be attached to ocean liners chains as anchors and used as Airport Shuttle bus's to replace the old tried and true obsolete 6.2 boss motors.
You are right. EVERYTHING is going EV now. We are in the preliminary stages right now, and the infrastructure is not fully there. I would say by 2025 it will be. I don’t think any automotive company will be making gasoline powered vehicles after 2025. 3 years of these TT v6’s and it will be done.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Txrunner

Reaction score
Might be alone in this but I think ford will make a raptor EV fairly soon and it will kick all the other EV off-roading trucks out of the water. The lightning is probably the only EV truck I’d buy since it’s a reasonable price, decent range, and looks the best. Hopefully it lives up to its expectations.

Hate to say it but the way things are looking, EV vehicles are becoming the next big thing and gasoline vehicles will become antiques. It’s for the better long term but it sucks we are starting with consumer vehicles rather than the industrial sector which is far worse than personal vehicles.
Electric motors produce insane HP, torque and acceleration. The charging infrastructure and battery range needs to catch up.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Electric motors produce insane HP, torque and acceleration. The charging infrastructure and battery range needs to catch up.
That is exactly it. The batteries will be 1/4 of the size in 5 years. They are working on this now. Range will be significantly increased as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc