How good are 2017 & 18 Raptors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to love this truck, especially if you off road a lot. Regarding your bikes, if you ride your bike up the back of your truck, be careful when approaching the front of the bed, it's aluminum, not steel. It will bend in a heart beat. Also, when ratcheting your bike down, be careful again, for the same reason listed above. Over ratcheting your bike down will bend the panel at the front of your bed. Though you can get a wheel brace to remedy this from happening. Enjoy!

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure the EB is pulling larger torque figures at anything above 2500 RPMs

Give it a rest, you are bragging about passing a semi and trying to spin it as some sort of exciting event. If that’s the high point of owning a gen1, then it’s you who doesn’t know what they’re missing.

Over a stock 6.2 yeah the EB is making more even before 2500 but again it's really annoying driving a vehicle that has to downshift to get anywhere. But you already know that, don't you?

And I'm not bragging about passing a semi you ******, I'm citing that as a simple example of when low end torque is good to have. You know, the torque you thought you had because you got snookered by Ford's marketing hype.

Here's the dyno chart.

shot_136__627efc30d2d4b0e30bad5ff534d47eec167d2d50.png

Now add a supercharger (which is mechanically driven, so it doesn't have boost lag) to the mix. The 6.2 is just in a different league when it comes to power production when modded. The 3.5 is always going to fall short, especially down low and especially with respect to boost lag and throttle response. Bigger snails have already been proven to have significant detrimental effects (including destroying the short block).

If you guys want to talk about the 3.5 being lighter or getting moderately better fuel mileage, go ahead. There were some pros to the switch. But quit acting like there were no cons.

It makes you look insecure and frankly stupid.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You had an open forum to discuss anything you wanted about why the gen 1 is so much better and the best you could come up with is how arroused you get when passing a semi. Lmao.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You had an open forum to discuss anything you wanted about why the gen 1 is so much better and the best you could come up with is how arroused you get when passing a semi. Lmao.

You have the reading comprehension of a developmentally delayed 3rd grader and this is also your 2nd failed attempt at baiting me into a ********** conversation.

:supergay:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have the reading comprehension of a developmentally delayed 3rd grader and this is also your 2nd failed attempt at baiting me into a ********** conversation.

:supergay:

I'll attempt to pass a semi at some point today and let you know if it's as ******** at 1800RPMs

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Over a stock 6.2 yeah the EB is making more even before 2500 but again it's really annoying driving a vehicle that has to downshift to get anywhere. But you already know that, don't you?

And I'm not bragging about passing a semi you ******, I'm citing that as a simple example of when low end torque is good to have. You know, the torque you thought you had because you got snookered by Ford's marketing hype.

Here's the dyno chart.

shot_136__627efc30d2d4b0e30bad5ff534d47eec167d2d50.png

Now add a supercharger (which is mechanically driven, so it doesn't have boost lag) to the mix. The 6.2 is just in a different league when it comes to power production when modded. The 3.5 is always going to fall short, especially down low and especially with respect to boost lag and throttle response. Bigger snails have already been proven to have significant detrimental effects (including destroying the short block).

If you guys want to talk about the 3.5 being lighter or getting moderately better fuel mileage, go ahead. There were some pros to the switch. But quit acting like there were no cons.

It makes you look insecure and frankly stupid.

Great! I only need to get over 2000 rpm to have more torque and HP. I do that any time I put my foot on the gas!