How good are 2017 & 18 Raptors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. Because your engine has no low end torque.

I’m having a hard time figuring out if you're envious of diesels or Gen 2s at this point. The only thing that’s pretty clear is you’re not very happy with the Gen 1. You spend all your time in the Gen2 forum talking about passing semis while towing trailers up hills at 1500rpms. Maybe trade your vehicle in for something you’ll be happy with? Life’s short.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m having a hard time figuring out if you're envious of diesels or Gen 2s at this point. The only thing that’s pretty clear is you’re not very happy with the Gen 1. You spend all your time in the Gen2 forum talking about passing semis while towing trailers up hills at 1500rpms. Maybe trade your vehicle in for something you’ll be happy with? Life’s short.

:Violin:

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to love this truck, especially if you off road a lot. Regarding your bikes, if you ride your bike up the back of your truck, be careful when approaching the front of the bed, it's aluminum, not steel. It will bend in a heart beat. Also, when ratcheting your bike down, be careful again, for the same reason listed above. Over ratcheting your bike down will bend the panel at the front of your bed. Though you can get a wheel brace to remedy this from happening. Enjoy!

Thanks for the tips regarding the aluminum on the truck now. I don't ride my bikes up into the truck and I have one of the CCR bike rail buddy carriers for the front of the bed as well. Yeah I can see where over ratcheting your bike could cause issues also but I don't crank them down that much. Good things to be aware of though.

Nice to see the thread took off in another direction and a pissing match between Gen 1 and Gen 2's. That's a whole lot of useless information. Who cares what Gen it is just drive it and be happy with it.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips regarding the aluminum on the truck now. I don't ride my bikes up into the truck and I have one of the CCR bike rail buddy carriers for the front of the bed as well. Yeah I can see where over ratcheting your bike could cause issues also but I don't crank them down that much. Good things to be aware of though.

Nice to see the thread took off in another direction and a pissing match between Gen 1 and Gen 2's. That's a whole lot of useless information. Who cares what Gen it is just drive it and be happy with it.

You're one of the lucky ones.

You got actual responses to your question, several of them useful and relevant. Most posts around here get replies with meme's and a photo of Jake's truck.