How good are 2017 & 18 Raptors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys are so insecure. And frankly kind of dumb. "Better in every way, except..."

Come on. Read that again. Slowly.

I know you're not a rocket scientist, but this is some pretty basic shit.

We're insecure? You're the one in denial insisting your G1 is better than our G2s despite overwhelming evidence otherwise.

Wait, let me help you, "Blah, blah, blah, low-end torque, blah." Yeah, we've heard it before and still no one believes you. But somehow you're convinced if you say it enough it will be true. Keep living the dellusion dude.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're insecure? You're the one in denial insisting your G1 is better than our G2s despite overwhelming evidence otherwise.

Wait, let me help you, "Blah, blah, blah, low-end torque, blah." Yeah, we've heard it before and still no one believes you. But somehow you're convinced if you say it enough it will be true. Keep living the dellusion dude.

Dude, look at his build thread - @Truckzor's truck is VERY bad ass and in many ways better than my Gen2 (unmodded). Damn man, drive a supercharged V8 Raptor, it will blow your mind, especially with that blowing Whipple.

BTW: you baited him into this thread.

dbull65

Reaction score
Honestly, I loved my Gen 1, but it was my daily, and I had 91000 miles on it, some things were needed to be done. If it went over 100000 I would have taken a hit on the trade in. I was able to get 34000 with the high, miles, zip tied front fender liner, and cracked windshield. So the timing was perfect. Also, as daily driver the Gen 2 is pretty amazing, much more lux and still all the brawn.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Bro, seriously. You need to just stop. You have the reading comprehension of a gnat and you're so delusional you think you're driving a space ship.

Newsflash, dipstick, if Ford is so smart, how come they put the Eco in the Taurus and the 6.2 in the SD?

Quit being so insecure. Every choice we make has pros and cons. Putting the Taurus motor in the Raptor certainly had its share.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Dude, look at his build thread - @Truckzor's truck is VERY bad ass and in many ways better than my Gen2 (unmodded). Damn man, drive a supercharged V8 Raptor, it will blow your mind, especially with that blowing Whipple.

BTW: you baited him into this thread.

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words. The best part of my truck is all that low end torque. There's nothing like making an effortless pass on a semi while driving into a headwind and heading uphill. Without downshifting. At 1500 RPM or so.

I'm actually on record dozens upon dozens of times saying I'm a big fan of the Gen 2 overall. I think it's the best truck on the market right now. I just wasn't personally interested in the engine. There's really no need for all the insecurity about it. I mean, at the end of the day, if the truck can still take you to the moon and back that's all that counts, right? I mean that is why you buy a Ford pickup truck, right...

:win:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Bro, seriously. You need to just stop. You have the reading comprehension of a gnat and you're so delusional you think you're driving a space ship.

Newsflash, dipstick, if Ford is so smart, how come they put the Eco in the Taurus and the 6.2 in the SD?

Quit being so insecure. Every choice we make has pros and cons. Putting the Taurus motor in the Raptor certainly had its share.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words. The best part of my truck is all that low end torque. There's nothing like making an effortless pass on a semi while driving into a headwind and heading uphill. Without downshifting. At 1500 RPM or so.

I'm actually on record dozens upon dozens of times saying I'm a big fan of the Gen 2 overall. I think it's the best truck on the market right now. I just wasn't personally interested in the engine. There's really no need for all the insecurity about it. I mean, at the end of the day, if the truck can still take you to the moon and back that's all that counts, right? I mean that is why you buy a Ford pickup truck, right...

That’s all well and good, for sure. No matter how much you mod your truck though, you will never have the 3.5TT sound. :flipthebird:

:)

Hello... @Aaron. can we get some help here and meme this thread to the ground already?

buy-the-ecoboost.jpg

this-isnt-the-5a94e5.jpg

my-species-might.jpg

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I don't know about you guys, but reading about passing a Semi in 6th gear sounds like such a blast. Nearly as exciting as watching a bear hibernate.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I don't know about you guys, but reading about passing a Semi in 6th gear sounds like such a blast. Nearly as exciting as watching a bear hibernate.

Don't forget the headwind and heading uphill.... it was probably both ways in the snow on the way to school too.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Don't forget the headwind and heading uphill.... it was probably both ways in the snow on the way to school too.

Make fun of it all you like but you have no idea what you're missing having a truck that has power throughout the rev range. A truck shouldn't have to be pulling 4k RPMS just to make a pass or pull a trailer.

You guys are too funny. You were all about that low end torque until you find out it was just marketing hype. :ROFLJest:

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ya, I made the same decision with my '14 until issues arose and the dealer ended up giving me a great deal on the '18 to get me out of the '14 that likely not going to be repaired for many months. I like the '18 a lot, but I REALLY miss my SC'd V8. Apples to Apples the Gen2 is a better truck, but modded the way you have yours set up, I would likely do a straight trade mine for yours. :D You have a great setup! You can love the Gen1 and not be a Gen2 hater (which you are not).

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make fun of it all you like but you have no idea what you're missing having a truck that has power throughout the rev range. A truck shouldn't have to be pulling 4k RPMS just to make a pass or pull a trailer.

You guys are too funny. You were all about that low end torque until you find out it was just marketing hype. :ROFLJest:

Pretty sure the EB is pulling larger torque figures at anything above 2500 RPMs

Give it a rest, you are bragging about passing a semi and trying to spin it as some sort of exciting event. If that’s the high point of owning a gen1, then it’s you who doesn’t know what they’re missing.