How did you come to afford your raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ted Schroeder

Reaction score
Worked 2 jobs for 28 years in small company’s that I owned. Spent 2 months in hospital from a surgery that turned out bad. Half of that time I was in a ICU with internal bleeding. Doctor told my wife there nothing else they could do for me. Beat the odds and made it out somehow. After that I was not concerned on how much money I could make but to enjoy life to the fullest. Wife had always wanted to head out west to camp in the desert and explore the National Parks. Took her to a friend who is the sales manager at a ford dealership to pick out a truck she liked and could handle the off road conditions. She picked out a Raptor fully loaded but wanted it in Ruby Red.he found one out in Virginia. Flew a salesperson to pick it up and she had it the next day. Traded in my 2015 ford platinum with 70 thousand miles and her 2015 infinity with 49 thousand mile. Paid 10 thousand out of pocket for truck and extended warranty and premium care. Being disabled now and not needing 2 cars was a easy decision to make. Priorities Can really change and your outlook on life when you don’t know how much time you have left with love ones

FYI the hospital bills pretty much cleaned out my retirement fund’s. I have learned all that doesn’t matter if you are old and can’t make it back. I just cherish every day I get to spend with my wife of 39 years now.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I build powerlines, im an apprentice and what we do is make dumb decisions lol, so I bought my dream truck.
I’m a journeyman electric lineman/troubleman. You’re not aloud to be a lineman if you don’t have a badass truck. I would like to someday be in the how do you afford your Ferrari thread but I can’t complain.

eastmtn

Reaction score
I’m a journeyman electric lineman/troubleman. You’re not aloud to be a lineman if you don’t have a badass truck. I would like to someday be in the how do you afford your Ferrari thread but I can’t complain.

I went from meter reader to journeyman power lineman to controller of entire power grids. Every step of the way there was someone different telling me that I would never make it. I also qualify for the how did you afford your porsche thread. Once a lineman, always a lineman. Dustan, You will get your Ferrari.

Mtnclmber

Reaction score
Currently working as a purchasing manager at a large off highway equipment manufacturer. Worked hard and been fortunate in progression/promotions/bonuses. No debt other than the house. Always buy vehicles a few years old. Found a nice 2014 SCREW with a driveline warranty. Had to have that 6.2L, the EcoBoost just didn't do it for me. Chose to finance a portion due to some upcoming work on the house.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LOL I would also like to be in that thread....

Goals!