How did you come to afford your raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I worked and put money away into my company’s stock weekly (UPS-I’m a tractor trailer driver). This was something for a rainy day and not for a Raptor. Raptors were always on my mind and when I seen them on the road I’d always salivate. Well that one day came and I said F it, I got the Raptor. Still putting money away, maybe for one more if I stay alive. Once you own one there is nothing else you want to have but another Raptor. When I’m driving my rig, I can always spot a Raptor on the road and even though I own one now, I still salivate when I see them...

Fellow UPS dittos!

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geologist and civil engineer specializing in water, so fairly recession proof (3 surefire investments; water, sewer and cemeteries). Worked my way up through a company bought in as partner, caught partner stealing, got out, started my one one-man-show and the rest is history. I use my raptor for work in remote places, so it was a better bet than getting an F150/SD and equipping it with the necessary off-road suspension to take me far from roads.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over 12 years in the Marine Corps. Over 8 in Law Enforcement. Now do telehealth for our local hospital (they don't shoot at you...yet! ;)). Had over 5 Ford pickups before this one. Saved and Traded a 2012 XLT for my 2012 Race Red Raptor. Drive a Kia Rio daily and my Raptor on weekends for camping, hunting, flyfishing and some offroading.

After being shot, stabbed and knocked out with frying pan, along with other injuries (all on different occasions), I found out the hard way that life is waaaaay too short to not enjoy life in the present. Lost a friend in Law Enforcement (shot during a drug raid) that finally woke me up. :(

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Over 12 years in the Marine Corps. Over 8 in Law Enforcement. Now do telehealth for our local hospital (they don't shoot at you...yet! ;)). Had over 5 Ford pickups before this one. Saved and Traded a 2012 XLT for my 2012 Race Red Raptor. Drive a Kia Rio daily and my Raptor on weekends for camping, hunting, flyfishing and some offroading.

After being shot, stabbed and knocked out with frying pan, along with other injuries (all on different occasions), I found out the hard way that life is waaaaay too short to not enjoy life in the present. Lost a friend in Law Enforcement (shot during a drug raid) that finally woke me up. :(
Thanks for your service bro!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thank you for your service, sir.