How did you come to afford your raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalanchegrey

Reaction score
Got out from the military service, and got into a civil service job power generation and distribution in Los Angeles, wife works in the hospital pharmacy and we owned several rental houses as our own business.

baptizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've worked in the Wireless Telecommunications industry since 2001 and have steadily progressed with respect to my income. Back in 2018, I took on a new position as a Construction Manager and realized that my old Super Duty wasn't up to the task of weekly fieldwork - the mileage was too much for it. So, in 2019 I found a good deal on a leftover '18 Raptor and traded in my '18 Focus RS. I was laid off back in late January and have managed to hang on to it but it's going to be more difficult going forward.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corporate pilot. One wife 2 kids. Same house we bought when I was a lowly regional First Officer.

Yearly bonus FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been practicing law for the last 10 years. I started my career as a bankruptcy attorney in 2009 during the recession. After that ended, I shifted to auto accident litigation. It paid the bills, but there were some months where my employees made more money than me. As with most small businesses, income is always a roller coaster.

I’ve wanted a truck for years, but wifey says it’s not practical for what I do nor was the cost justified. She’s a real estate agent—she wouldn’t understand! But she was probably right.

Then in 2018, three large cases landed on my lap: two cases involving wrongful deaths with semi-trucks and one case involving terrible head injury at a hair salon. After they all settled (through insurance), I went truck shopping dressed in a Budweiser t-shirt, cargo shorts and flip-flops (I think they’re called thongs).

Didn’t think I’d get a Raptor, but I’m not towing and Tacomas were too slow. My only concern was going through the Starbucks drive-thru, but it handled the curbs like a champ. I’m still looking for a carpet bed cover.

In short, I worked hard and paid for it with money I earned.

what do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?