How did you come to afford your raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’m just an uneducated ilegal alien living the american dream Since 91 I came I work I respect the rules and appreciate what I have, I thank all the military men and women for their service and one of my sons is a marine, I make About 75k a yr, I would die defending this country right now if I have to. god bless this great country

dirtgod

Reaction score
Plumber in nyc licensed in nj been working my ass off for decades with very little time off and almost no time off thank god ive taken care of my own health stay away from western medicine 1 sick day in 45 yrs 2014 bought supercrew one of the last of the 6.2’s2018 bought 19 In dec 2018 supercab and im heading to my ponderosa in se AZ to spend the rest of my days with 2 phenomenal trucks do something you enjoy and its really not work its satisfying and fun but your right the retards wear you out family is overated and the moron that have identified themselves with this mask ******** and these scumbag politicians destroyng the economy and embracing a communist group BLM is unspeakable this is the greatest place on earth ever i dont understand why they just dont move to china or cuba or Venezuela if you want the ******* govt to control every aspect of your life. I grew up dirt poor and ready to retire with 2 raps and a 19 passport just for my vehicles and have 80 high pasture acres in AZ what a ******* country and a life and all those brothers who gave it all so i could have a life like this with the greatest gal on earth
Plumber in nyc licensed in nj been working my ass off for decades with very little time off and almost no time off thank god ive taken care of my own health stay away from western medicine 1 sick day in 45 yrs 2014 bought supercrew one of the last of the 6.2’s2018 bought 19 In dec 2018 supercab and im heading to my ponderosa in se AZ to spend the rest of my days with 2 phenomenal trucks do something you enjoy and its really not work its satisfying and fun but your right the retards wear you out family is overated and the moron that have identified themselves with this mask ******** and these scumbag politicians destroyng the economy and embracing a communist group BLM is unspeakable this is the greatest place on earth ever i dont understand why they just dont move to china or cuba or Venezuela if you want the ******* govt to control every aspect of your life. I grew up dirt poor and ready to retire with 2 raps and a 19 passport just for my vehicles and have 80 high pasture acres in AZ what a ******* country and a life and all those brothers who gave it all so i could have a life like this with the greatest gal on earth

The Raps will come in handy in that part of the world for sure. I love that area of the US as it always reminds me of my favorite old fashioned westerns. Showing my age I guess. So beautiful. Enjoy your retirement when you get out there !

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been in the Pharma industry for a little over a decade. Started in manufacturing then moved to the QC labs and eventually joined the business side of the industry. Had a troublesome 17 Lariat and sold it in mid 2019 to potentially buy a beater truck and a SRT Challenger. Wife threw a fit over owning a two door muscle car while we still had two little ones in car seats....she now calls our Raptor the FPV (Family Performance Vehicle).

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lived from hand to mouth for the first 25 years of my career as an auto mechanic in dealerships. Put family first, drove fixer upper for myself. 10 years ago took a job at an iron ore mine, pays much better, both kids are grown, married and have careers of their own. Now I can afford to drive something nice. Bought brand new screw in 2013. Love these trucks. Updating to a new 2020 802a in race red this coming Thursday. Put my wife in a 2013 screw in late 2016. She loves it almost as much as I do

bakab1010

Reaction score
I escaped the trailer park at 17. Went in to the US Army, got out and have worked continuously since. Airline pilot now. I have worked for everything that I have. No daddy's money here.
Cheers hopefully October works out in our favor.

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Life is short and there is no guarantee you or they live to get to spend that 401k.

My Lieutenant also owns his own side business. Every day on and every day off he is busting his ass. Did everything possible for his kids. Wife comes down with cancer. It’s been rough but she will most likely beat it. He had a conversation with her one day about squirreling away all this money that neither may get to see. Shortly there after he bought a Lambo. The future is never guaranteed. You can always make more money. You can never make more time.

I completely agree! I also get out to see the world a lot with my Raptor and go on adventures with my dad, which is really important to me.

Clearly it’s not you!

I think you’re most likely right but that it’s also too early to say. I pinch pennies in other areas so that I can have a fully stocked garage.

Medic 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, I am retired Army and have a decent job in emergency management. I traded my 13 SCREW FX4 in on my Raptor with about 21K in positive equity. It is the most expensive vehicle in my garage and I drive a 2011 Fiesta 5 speed for work with 200K on the clock.

Hard work and dedication, no family money here. Like to camp, hunt, fish, and enjoy life. Have a wonderful wife and kids.

First non V-8 truck I ever owned and enjoy everything about it.

To everyone else on this post, enjoy your trucks and thank you for sharing your stories.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that took a little while to read all the posts up to now. Interesting stories. Thanks to everyone for sharing. For me I never wanted a truck like this until the Raptor debut, but it took another 2 1/2 years of saving until I could get the payment affordable. Retiring from the Army after 22 years and landing a Government contractor job helped immensely and even allowed me to pay it off early. Actually been able to pay off everything but the house so far. I’ve enjoyed the 190k+ miles I’ve put on it, and it still brings a smile to me every time I get in it. A second newer Raptor has been discussed since the wife’s vehicle is an ‘07. But so has the new Bronco. Either way, I will never get rid of my ‘12.