How cool would this be?...another Birdman project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know Facebook is working on it and Rhino GPS units have the feature but how about an FRF app that works with Google Maps on smartphones and allows you to see any other FRF member nearby on your phone.

Here's the vision - you load the app onto your phone and when you are out and about or offroading, other FRF members can see your location on their Google Map. Could be quite helpful when offroading and you can't find your partner because he fell into a ditch or you simply got separated.

What do you think Birdman? The tech weenies over there up to the challenge?

Banned
Reaction score
theres a few apps that do this, kind of.
they let you see other users. of course it wont be specific to FRF, but may do what you are wanting.

might be possible to use those apps, and set a FRF specific "channel" though?

OP
OP
BearClaw

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am sure they can use existing apps with some tweeks to give us a cool FRF app (or channel as you say).

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This would be awesome if it could also be integrated into the factory nav system and aftermarket gps systems as well, and have a help button that puts a help icon above your truck on the gps for if you get stuck or have an accident out in the middle of nowhere

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bstoner, you know you want all of us to know where you're at so we can surprise you with little visits, and the factory nav or any aftermarket gps can already do that ice, they're not tied into the police so they can't use that to monitor your speed and issue tickets without getting sued for invasion of privacy, and there would be no physical proof, no one could say they witnessed you going over the speed limit

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I guess I'm more worried about Bird having access to all out locations. I can see him sitting in his basement, naked, with no lights on tracking us all over the country. Kind of creepy...