2021 F150 Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Navigation service subscription is free for 3 years with the new F150, then there is a cost to renew. What I am having a hard time getting details on from my dealer is if the Navigation will work at all (offline maps) after that free subscription has ended?

I understand you can use apply car play and android auto to use your phone for google maps/apple maps/waze, I get that. What I am trying to determine is if the Ford Nav will work without a subscription in an offline capacity (I assume with the subscription you can get real time updates, map updates, real time info, etc).

If it doesn't work at all without a sub, then no need to get the Navigation package for the Raptor in my opinion.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless something is different, the subscription is for updates, traffic link, ETC... the navigation would still work just no map updates no traffic jam updates. solely a route unless you purchase the sub

OP
OP
KCHawkeye02

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotcha. thank you. that lines up with what I found on another forum

"Connected nav requires a connection/subscription to give turn by turn directions. 301A XLT and up to 501A Lariat include this type of navigation and come with a 90 day trial subscription. After the subscription expires the system reverts to a "moving map" with no turn by turn navigation, routing, etc. This is included at no extra charge, where as in the 2020 F150 you had nothing.

Built in navigation option (Which is what the Raptor would have) includes three years of connected service and also has built in turn by turn etc. so you still have routing after the 3 years expires. This is optional on 301A to 501A, and included on 502A and up. This is the equivalent of the navigation option as we knew it in 2020 and earlier, with the added connected feature for more data."