HID Headlight no longer working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys! that's good advice about switching the bulbs back and forth. Why didn't I think of that? :happy107:

It could also be a bad ground, but I'm not sure how the 2013 housings are grounded. Just be sure to check the ground before you spend any money

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
also make sure all the connectors are snapped in all the way. mine wasnt seating fully and i had to give it a good push together, i then tightely wrapped it with tape just to make sure it didnt vibrate out. also check connections for corrosion

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I tightened up my ground and still does not work.
Does anyone know how the bulbs come out, do I need to remove the two hex screws?
Oh by the way the ballast is Osram and the part that connects to the back of the bulb is Osram. Just need to figure out how this bulb comes out.

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So looks like the bulbs are Osram. Anyway checked the connections and started the truck turned lights on and they both worked but the same one quickly shut off, pushed the light housing back into place and and the light come back on, so something is loose but not sure what.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Got the light working tried moving the plug around and it stays on, so I reinstalled and sure enough does not work again. I think the harness from the RetroFit Source sucks, looks cheaply made?

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The harness came from Retrofit Source and the OEM lights came from a company called Everything OEM