Hey Guys - How Important Is the Tailgate Step?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OGRE

Reaction score
Its up there on the must have for me. Not as young as i think sometimes, and climbing in and out of bed with the step makes it a breeze.

dhiestan

Reaction score
I love the tailgate step and would not buy another truck without it. Your back and knees will love you for it.

bvlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonderful to have. I'm surprised it's even an option. Would not buy another truck without it.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One truck with and one without I'd take the truck with it every time. It would also be a deal breaker unless the cost difference was more than the cost of having it added afterward. Love it!!!

ktmcolorado

Reaction score
Used to make fun of those steps.... Now I love the damn thing! Not so important or needed getting up into the bed, but coming down, ESPECIALLY carrying something it's a god-send you never knew you needed.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems like the overwhelming majority like it. its $375 from the factory, if you wanted to add it later you would have to replace the tailgate so its going to be a lot more expensive.